Chapter 26: Jamie Knows Best

I hate that I love you. I fucking hate it. I want you. I want you so fucking badly but you don't want me. I hate that you think you can understand but you can't. You don't see through these eyes, you can't feel what I feel. I love you and oh god heartbreak is a bitch"
- But I still love you.

"tyler" was the only word I could say. I didn't want to believe the words that had just come out of his drunk mouth. There was no way that I had possibly kissed this man, there is no way I was infatuated with him.

"What is going on out here?" Jamie came out of his room yelling.

"Him" I scream "him!"

"Why are you so scared of the truth? You know what else happened, a week after your accident you-"

"Tyler" Jamie screamed at him with widen eyes, almost as if he knew what he was going to say.

"What? What did I do after the accident?"

"Alcohol poisoning, a whole fucking bottle of vodka!" He showed no remorse in his face when he said those words. Jamie looked at me with sorrow and sadness, I knew by this look he had wanted to keep that a secret from me. I couldn't stay in that room anymore, I jetted into Jamie's room slamming the door behind me. I leaned against the door and sunk into my knees, burying my hands into my face.

Why? Why did Tyler ever have to get traded here? Why couldn't the damn bruins keep him. Why did Jamie have to make him stay here?

Life was so much simpler when my brother was around, why did he ever have to leave me? Tyler will never understand why I hate him so much. I watched my brother work his entire life to make it to the nhl, that was his dream since he could skate. He was barely around the house because he was always at the rink. Than one day everything was crushed. He just had to stay late at the rink that night and when he left another drunk driving hockey player killed him. I look at Tyler, so ungrateful for his place in the nhl. He wastes this gift on drinking and getting drunk out of his mind.

As I sat there sobbing uncontrollably, there was a soft knock on the door. "Nicola" Jamie's soft voice carried through the heavy chestnut wood door. I swung the door open so fast and landed In Jamie's arms, my face being buried into his chest. "Oh Jamie" I sobbed.

"I'm so sorry Nicola, I'm so sorry" he rubs my back but tears continue to stream down my face, turning my cries into hiccups like a little child.
"He promised me he wouldn't tell you that"

"I.. I kissed him. I almost had sex with him"

"Shhh Nicola" he tried to calm me "you need to calm down" He lets go of me

"I just want my brother. Life was so much easier"

"Nicola please don't say that" Jamie began to cry. His nose turned beat red as a few tears trickled down his face.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not doing what your brother asked"

"What my brother asked?"

"The day of your brother's 17th birthday, he asked me to make a promise. He asked me to promise that if anything where to ever happen to him, at the time he was talking about being drafted far away, that I would look over you. I'm suppose to watch you and take care of you like your brother did. And I've, I've done a horrible job" he now couldn't look me in the eye as he stared at the ground.

"Jamie don't say that. You've done the best job, I'm the dick. God Jamie I'm the fucking dumbass"

"Nicola you're not" he than tried to pull me into his chest once more but I push him off and back up from him.

"No Jamie no! You were so strong for me, you were there for me, and I.. I wasn't there for you. You were my brothers best friend and I didn't even help you when he passed, I'm such a selfish bitch. You were friends with Tyler and now look! I ruined that"

"Nicola you're talking crazy!"

"But I'm not Jamie! I'm not! Can you look me in the eye and tell me you where completely fine with my brother's passing and the whole "I'm fine" wasn't a lie?" He couldn't even bring his head up to look at me "no" he mumbled
"Exactly! God I'm a fucking problem"

"No Nicola! You're not! You where such an emotional wreck that if I was to, heaven knows where we would be right now! I don't regret anything I did after your brothers death. Not even brining Tyler into the house. Nic you don't want to be selfish but can you not see why he drank tonight? Or left the hospital?"

I just stayed quiet, I knew why but I didn't want to admit it. "He was devastated when he knew your memory was back because now you've gone back to hating him. You've hated him before he's even stepped in this damn house" God I knew he was right, Jamie was so right. That's why he was best friends with my brother, so they could be right together and I could be wrong.

"Nicola you know I love you, I would never want to see you like this. But I can't see Tyler like this either. You know your brother wouldn't want you to act like this either" he sighed.

"Jamie why do you have to be fucking right!" I rolled my eyes, using my hands I pushed my self off the floor an onto my feet. I opened the bedroom door and ran straight across the living room, down the hall and right up to Tyler's door.

Authors Note

Merry Christmas Eve my lovely readers! I just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas or happy holidays depending on what you celebrate. I'm so thankful for all of my lovely readers!