Chapter 12: Permanent

Tyler's POV

"Tyler?"

"Huh?"

"Where's your tattoo parlor?" I look at her perplexed, why would she want to know?

"Tyler?"

"My new one in Dallas is a few blocks up"

"Is...Is it open?"

"I think so"

"Take me there" she demands

"Nicola"

"Now.Take me now"

"Why? you're not getting a tattoo"

"Take me now or I'll get out of this car and go myself"

"Okay?"

I wasn't about to risk her sneaking out so I headed to my tattoo parlor that was about to close in an hour.

"Hey Lou" Lou was the tattoo guy, a big built man with a black mustache and bald head.

"Tyler? You wanna add another to you're sleeve now?"

"Not here for me... for her" I say as I refer to Nicola who is gazing at he photos on the wall.

"Girlfriend?"

"Friend" I correct him

"Alright Ty, let me know when ya'll are ready" I walk over to Nicola who looks super focused.

"Nic"

"Hm?"

"What are you thinking about getting... I don't want it to be something you regret"

"I don't completely know.... It's going to be in white ink tho"

"White ink? Are you crazy? Do you know how much that hurts"

"Not remembering anything hurts more" she snaps

She heads over to the table and talks to Lou. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and she sported a tshirt way to big and cute black shorts. I watch as she begins to take the shirt off, leaving her in her white laced bra. She nods to him than holds her right arm up and he sketched on her rib cage. She checks it in the mirror but from where I am standing I can not see it. She than lays down on the table and continues to hold her arm up as Lou works with the ink gun. She didn't wince once, absolutely nothing. My first tattoo almost made me cry, that's how bad the pain was.

Once she's done she turns again to the mirror and I can see she wrote it in black ink. She than talks to him again and he draws something her wrists. She slightly smiles at it and nods in agreement. She slips her shirt back on and tucks in the strand of her that had fallen in front of her face. He begins working again. 20 minutes pass and she's all done. Two tattoos and not a single sign of pain.

"What did you get?" I ask and without thinking I reach to pull up her shirt. She slaps my hand away "I'd like to keep it to myself" I look at her wrist and it's bright pink, it almost looks scared.

"Was this white ink?" I saw as I admire her wrist

"Yea. It's roman numerals.. the day I lost my memory"

"Oh"

"Hey when my memory comes back.. if it does. Myself won't hate me to much for the one on my wrist"

"What about your rib cage"

"I don't think I'll be to mad about that one either" she smirks

Lou walks over to me and Nicola goes to admire the tattoo pictures some more.

"She amazed me" he says as we both look at her

"Huh?"

"Do you know how bad white tattoos hurt? She didn't even flinch and those where her first tattoos. She's fucking tuff"

"How much for the tattoos"

"Tyler cause I love you and you're gonna come back and finish your sleeve their on the house"

"No way Lou, how much?"

"Nothing... Just keep her happy"

"Will do"

Nicola's POV

I stared back at myself in the mirror and hated what I saw. I must've killed Jamie inside. He probably hates me because I'm not the friend I once was, I'm the bitter shell of me. The bruises around my collar bone where no longer as bad as they once where. The bruises on my face where covered by makeup, I couldn't stand when people stared at them. My body was still so weak and fragile and my mind was falling into a deep depression. Every night I reread the poem book in hopes of sparking something in my head but nothing happens. Nothing ever does.

I take off my shirt and look at the new tattoo on my rib cage. My skin was a bit red around it. The tattoo was a heart beat and at the end it went into the word 'hope'. 'Hope' because that was the only thing I was holding onto now, the hope of getting my memory back. I liked the Roman numerals on my wrist because once fully healed it will look like a scar. I changed into a pajama shirt and walked into the hallway where I caught Tyler heading into his room.

"Tyler?" I mumble

"Yea?"

"Please don't tell Jamie about this"

"Our secret" he smiles than disappears behind his door.