Chapted 45: Love That

"I've never been so scared to hold something in my life!" I exclaim as I take Jamie's gold medal from him so he can load the over head on the plane.

"Just don't drop it" Was his word or advice. In person the medal was breath taking. I ran my fingers over the ridges and took in the color while Jamie finished up. I handed it back to him, my hands feeling empty as I took my seat next to him.

"Alright let's talk" Jamie says as he pulls a blanket over him.

"About?" I say confused

"Tyler"

"What about him" I say between grit teeth, for some reason the last person I wanted to talk about him with was Jamie.

"Do what's right for you" He says with sincere eyes and that's all he says.

The whole plane ride I was a wreck, what was I to say to Tyler? I had absolutely no idea how I wanted to tell him.

That whole night I tossed and turned in my seat unable to fall asleep until Jamie removed the arm rest and pulled me into his side. There, under his arm the sound of his relax heartbeat put me to sleep for the small amount of the flight we had left.

We touched down in Dallas at nine in the morning where the Stars were having practice for tomorrow's game.

I entered the rink in my team Canada zip up, the coffee in my hand shaking from my nervous ness. My other hand held my bag which felt heavier than usually and while the rink was normally particularly cold, I was burning hot.

Maybe I shouldn't talk to him here, this was his work space, a place where personal issues should be put aside. But I knew I had no choice for he had plane ride tomorrow.

I watched the practice from an upstairs viewing room and I could see all the warm smiles that welcomed Jamie as he entered the ice.

Tyler was boasting with joy as he checked out his friends new medal. From up here I could see his flushed cheeks and dorky smile.

And my god I was falling in love. I was falling hopelessly in love.

My shaking intensified causing the coffee to spill and burn my fingertips but I caught sight of his smiles and I couldn't remember the pain.

I squeezed my eyes tight, I'm at work.

I'm at work

I kept repeating it to myself as I typed up a new article for Tyler's website. I knew of a photoshoot he had scheduled soon, there wasn't even enough words to describe how excited I am to cover it.

The work day itself wrapped up pretty quickly and I found myself flying down the steps of the ice house to meet Jamie.

But when I reached the vending machine in the back hallway, our meet up space, Jamie wasn't there. Instead there was Tyler wearing a Toronto blue jays hat on backwards while he admired the wall of awards.

"Tyler?"

"Nic" His face lights up, he makes his way over and hugs me, leaving me under his arm once he pulls away.

"Where's J-Jamie?" I practically stutter with nervousness.

"Had to do something with Jordie, I figured we could go to dinner?"

"Right now?" I saw nervously as I look down at my watch.

"How about around 7? So you can get ready?" He smiles "I'll pick you up"

I feel my cheeks heat up and I bite my lower lip subconsciously "I'd love that"