Chapter 15: The Weak, The Vulnerable

Two days had had past since Tyler and Jamie had beat Boston. I watched Tyler's post game interview.

"The team hoped for a win, and we got what we hoped for" he said so low and charismatically.

Hope

But those two days where another two days of remember nothing. Another 2 days of finishing beer bottle after beer bottle when the boys weren't home. 2 days of nothing.

I sprawled out on the messy white comforter on my bed. It was a beautiful Friday morning and the guys didn't have morning skate. I could hear Jamie in the kitchen probably slaving away at the stove. I knew his wife would probably find that most attractive about him. A man that could cook.

A small hesitant knock on my door startled me.

"Come in" I call. The door creeks open ever so slightly and in slips Marshall. "I didn't know that the dog could knock" I say sarcastically as Marshall joins me in the bed. I wrap my arms around me as he snuggles into the fluffy comforter.

"He can't knock but I can" laughs Tyler.

"What's up?"

"You've been stuck in this damn house all day" he stopped and scratched his head almost as if at a lost for words.

"I was wondering" he continued again but stopped. It took him another second before he could gather his thoughts "Would you want to go out to dinner tonight?"

"As a date?" I question. He blushes a little before stuttering "Uh if you want it to be"

"Than yes Tyler I'll take you up on the date"

"We leave at 7:30"

"7:30" I say back to him.

He and Marshall slip out of my room leaving me alone. Tyler left the apartment an hour later leaving. Jamie had come to my room later that day. I could hear the patter of his feet as he stood outside my door, almost unsure if he want to knock. When he did, I called for him to come in but he was not sure. He asked again to make sure I was 100% with my answer.

"Yes Jamie, come in" The door creaked open ever so gently. Jamie's hair was disheveled, which was a rare thing to see. His eyes puffy and tired almost as if he had spent the night tossing and turning, restless underneath his sheets. His breathing was intense as he made his way over to the edge of my bed. His eyes scanned the room quickly trying to avoid me.

"I had a phone call with your doctor" He said shakily, something told me he didn't want to say words to me.

"What did he say?" I swallow the lump in my throat, I was scared for his answers.

He took a deep breath "They want you to see a neurologist, they say it may help with the memory loss... Especially because it will be month since it happened next week.

"Ill do it Jamie, anything! I'll do it" Tears brimming my eyes, making my vision blury. God ill try anything, anything to give me my life back. Jamie came to the side of my bed and hugged me, without a single word I stayed in his arms, my face buried into my chest as i cried tears of joy. There was hope.

At 6 I had finished taking a shower and was in my small bathroom in my apartment. The curling iron resonated a lot of heat causing me to sweat a bit as I curled my hair. Picking out an outfit was the hardest part, for any girl. I didn't want to dress to fancy nor did I want to under dress.

I ended up picking a black peplum top with a glitter gold skirt. I did one last check in the full body mirror before waiting in the living room for Tyler. At 7:30 there was a knock on the door. There stood a dapper looking Tyler in black slacks and a grey button down shirt. His hair was gelled back and something about him just screamed business man to me.