Chapter 39: Closure

"We're going to R-Russia?" I stutter, unwrapping my arms from him my palms begin to sweat.

"Oh course, I need you there- Nic is something wrong?" He questions

"No no I'm so excited" I lied as I shook my head. "I'm gonna go" I mumble to him. I run out of the room, pass Tyler and into the hallway.

"Ugh" I scream as I hit the doorframe. With tears streaming down my face I sink down into my knees. Why was I not happy for him? Why was I not happy to go watch my best friend in Russia? Why was I not excited to go to the Olympics?

"Why?" I screech. My face buried in my hands, my eyes burning from the tears.

"Hey hey" I soft voice repeated. With my blurry vision I can see the tattoos. Tyler sits next to me and wraps his arms around my shaking body.

He pulls me into him

And I let him

His hand rubs my back as I sob into his grey shirt. Tyler doesn't question, he lets me relieve myself, he lets me calm down.

Finally I'm able to get a hold of myself. I pull away and try to stop my sobs.

"Wanna talk about it now?" Tyler asks when he sees I've calmed down.

"Why?" I begin to sob again "Why do I not want to go to Russia with him? To the Olympics?"

"Your brother" he whispers "Jamie told me it was part of his dream" His head hung as he fumbled with his fingers. He didn't want to make eye contact with me.

"I'm so selfish" I shake my head as I bite down on my lips "God, he's gone! Why do I keep holding on to him? I'm ruining this for Jamie" I get frustrated with myself.

"Nicola--Did you ever get closure?"

Closure?

What closure could you get from you brother who died in accident? I look at Jamie and I'm so happy for him beyond words but a little part of my always sees my brother behind him.

"No Tyler.. How do you even get closure?" I mumble "How do you get closure with someone you were suppose to see the next morning eating your cereal in the kitchen?"

"You can, Nicola you need to"

"It's to late" I shake my head

"Your brother is buried in Victoria?"

"Yea"

"We have two days off, let's fly out"

"Tyler are you crazy?" I say to him, my volume increased.

"No Nicola I'm not, do this for Jamie. I know how much you mean to him and it would crush him for you not to go and clearly the only way is closure from your brother"

"Tyler-"

"Jamie has closure, now you. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning and we'll fly out. Be ready" With that he helped me to my feet and hugged me for a quick second before leaving to go back to the locker room.

Tyler wanted to help, he wanted to do this for Jamie, for me.