The First Step Which Shatters a Bone

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     Funny enough, (Y/N) was again paired with Ashido for whatever this training exercise was.  Something about it sounding American was all she managed to pick up.  Ashido informed her it was a 2-on-2 where one team played the bad guys and one the good guys.  
     They were allowed to watch the other teams while they fought.  The first was team A, heroes, versus D, villains.  She didn't know anyone on either of the teams.  She didn't really watch it at all, just zoned out, but it seemed like kind of a big deal once she finally focused on everyone again.  She stayed in for the next fight.  It was 6-Arms and Half-Ice against Invisible-Chick and Tail-Dude.  Half-Ice was able to freeze the entire building, trapping the villain team on the fourth floor.  
     Once it was finally their turn, they simply wandered up the floors.  Ashido found the weapon with one villain and (Y/N) found their teammate, who she quickly captured.  Ashido was able to get around the other and get the weapon, so they won.  

     The next day, she sat alone at lunch.  There were people at her table, though definitely nobody in her class.  She had eaten quickly and was marking down all of her plans and ideas she'd had throughout the morning.  If she didn't, she might not remember what came after what.  
     Suddenly, there's some type of bell ringing.  She heard some kind of intercom announcement, but she didn't listen.  (Y/N) figured it was telling them to get back to class for whatever reason, or maybe calling for a student.  She continued finishing the scribbling she was doing before lazily standing up.  By the time she glanced around, the cafeteria was deserted and all of the food was still there. 
     She sighs to herself at the sloppy students, wandering over to the trashcan where she dumps her trash.  Lunch felt much shorter that day, so she assumed she must be tired and eating slow. 
     She turned into the hallway to be met with another wall, this time of people.  Nobody was moving forward but they were all slammed up against each other.  One of the boys from her class was pinned against the wall above a doorway, finishing up some speech about acting properly.  
     They all wander their way outside.  It was maybe an hour before they were allowed to go back in, though thankfully the teachers weren't getting onto anyone for using their phones.  She wasn't sure if anybody explained anything but she didn't think they did.

     "Hey, hey, we should go around and introduce ourselves to everyone!"  The boy with bright red hair shouts.  "I'm Kirishima Eijiro, and my quirk is Hardening."  (Y/N) had only barely tuned in because she'd finished a set, so she nodded idly to herself as they all went around.  Some didn't, mainly the angry blond.  She tried to keep all of their names in her head, but there was a decent amount of people, and suddenly, all of them were looking at her.  It was her turn.  
     "U-Uh, (S/N) (Y/N)," she stutters.  She hadn't expected it to come around to her so fast, she was decently close to the end.  
     "What's your quirk, (S/N)?" Kaminari questions.  She pauses, blinking a few times.  What should she say?  She didn't really want to talk about it.  But they were all staring at her, waiting for an answer.  What should she say?  What were her options?  How would she-
     "I-I don't have a quirk," she stumbles.  It was the first thing that came to mind, though probably not the most logical one.  They all stared in silent shock.  
     "Bullshit," the blond barks.  "Nobody gets into this school being a quirkless baby."
     "Bakugo!" Iida scolds.  
     "That is crazy, though!  How did you get past the robots without a quirk?" Sero asks excitedly.  At least that was a question she could answer.
     "My dad is one of the engineers who makes robots for hero schools.  I know how all of their wiring works and I know all of their weaknesses."  Her father and she always bonded making these, and he made decent money for it.  She knew the materials that would mess with their sensors and the tiny sliver they couldn't detect and when they would slow down from overheating.  Of course, the entrance exam was a cakewalk with all that.  
     "Wow, really?  That's so cool!" Ashido exclaims.  "So you knew exactly what to do, huh?"  (Y/N) happily nods.  
     "Actually, I got through it by rewiring one.  He has a small dent on the underside of his right forefoot and his wiring was always janky, but we let him go.  I flipped the sensors from the robots being allies to the other robots being enemies, so he was a good distraction."  
     "That's amazing!" Kirishima announces.  "I was just punching them around but you were totally messing with their heads!  I mean, robots don't have heads, but it was the same."  
     And finally, they continued around the circle.