A Day Two Years in the Future

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     Togata went on to explain his quirk, though it basically mirrored (Y/N)'s assumption.  He also explained how difficult it is to use, like walking through walls required a three-step process so he didn't dive into the floorboards.  Although, he did say that light and sound passed through his body, and had never realized that even if it had entered his existence, he wouldn't have known.
     He told them about how he was always last in quirk training, and usually embarrassed when he fell through his clothes.  Thus, he did a work-study to learn how people usually responded to his quirk, and then he had to learn how to counteract that.
     Togata gave a powerful speech about turning experience into power.  It made everyone buzz with excitement, even (Y/N), who didn't care much about any of it.
     "We'll be going back now.  Say thank you."  Aizawa announces.
     "Thank you very much!"  The class tells with a low bow.

     Shoto glances over as the boy approaches.  Aizawa had said he believed Togata was the closest to being number one, and that included all current heroes, too.
     "Can I speak to Last-standing?"  He asks.  Aizawa stares at him for a moment, trying to connect who that was.
     "Go ahead,"  Aizawa tells him.  He grins and nods, giving a polite bow to the teacher and then an acknowledging nod to Shoto.  Then, he was off marching.

     "Hey, Last-standing, can I talk to you?!"  He asks excitedly.  (Y/N) turns to look at him.  She had been starting towards the stairs to go back to class for the last few minutes.
     "Um, sure."  She answers.  "Is there something you need?"
     "I was just curious about you!  I've fought a lot of people, but if that battle had been real and you hadn't been cautious, I would've certainly lost.  I'd love to improve and since you beat me, I wanted to chat!"  Togata marches up just beside her and she turns to follow.
     "Oh.  Of course."
     "So why do you want to be a hero?"  He questions.  "Who's your idol?"
     "Ah...  Um, I'm not really interested in the hero scene."  She tells him awkwardly.  He had a curious expression.
     "You're in U.A.'s hero course without wanting to be a hero?  That's new.  What made you choose this school and program?"  She shrugs to herself, looking a bit uncomfortable as her arms pulled together.
     "My mother convinced me it would be a good idea, so here I am.  I mean, I do try.  Being a hero is a good profession.  It's just not my passion."
     "Is there something specific you dislike about heroes?"  He inquires.
     "No, not particularly.  I just have a few issues with hero structure.  It's hard to balance paying people for risking their lives while also trying to keep out those who only do it for the money.  Especially at a time like now where society is desperate for whatever will come."
     "Ahh, that sucks."  He says in a drawn-out tone.  "You'd make a really good hero, too!  Might I ask, how did you figure out my quirk?"
     She tried to explain briefly, but it ended up taking a minute.  He nodded along with eyes that glimmered.
     "That's super impressive!  I don't think even I would've been able to guess all of that.  Is there a quirk you used as reference?"  He asks cheekily.  She thinks for a moment before shaking her head.
     "I don't know a lot of quirks.  As I said, I've never been bothered much with quirk society.  My passions lay outside of that.  Well, some of the things were only theory until I used my quirk, so that part wasn't visional observation."  Togata bobs his head at her explanation.
     "This may be selfish, but we really need good heroes like you.  Have you ever thought about maybe being a hero along with something else?"  He looks up out in front of them, down the path towards the dorms.  "Have you been keeping up with the news?  There've been a lot of reports of strange criminal activity.  Having someone like you would be very helpful."
     (Y/N) shrugs and purses her lips.  "I'm not going to leave U.A.  I'll act as a hero until I graduate, I just don't know if that's the path I'll take after high school."
     "Have you considered doing a work-study?  They're very helpful."  She chuckles a bit.
     "I've already been working for Endeavor for a little while.  I had to do my internship twice, and when I had a small break from school, I was working with his company.  I might as well get school credit for it since I'm doing it anyway."
     "Ah!  That's the spirit!  I'm glad.  What's your name, Last-standing?"
     "Oh, uh, (S/N) (Y/N)."
     "(S/N)!  I'll remember that.  I'm Togata Mirio.  I'm currently working for Sir Night Eye.  Do you know him?"  She thinks for a moment.
     "The name sounds familiar, but not really.  I don't follow heroes much."
     "I assumed as much.  Is there a reason you work for Endeavor-san?"  He questions.
     "Uh, there is, actually, but I shouldn't talk about it.  To be simple about it, his son and I are close.  Todoroki Shoto."  She expresses.  
     "I see.  Which one was he today?"
     "He was standing by Aizawa-sensei.  He said he didn't feel it was fair for him to take part since he didn't get his license.  The one Ashido-san called a 'hybrid.'"
     "With the different colored hair?!  He looks cool!"  She nods with a smile.
     "He's a pretty chill dude, both literally and figuratively."
     "What's his quirk?"
     "Ice and fire manipulation.  Ice on his right and fire on his left."  Togata nods.  She blinks hard at his asking what her quirk was.  It felt rude to not answer.  "Um, I connect to people.  I make them copy my body movements.  Under the right circumstances, they'll receive any injury I get as long as it's self-inflicted and I immediately heal."
     "That's a heavy quirk to carry around."  He states simply.  "There's a lot of responsibility you have with something like that.  But you seem to have good control of it.  How do you use it most?"
     "I usually just latch onto people and force them to stop moving.  Paralyzation is more helpful than people realize."
     "That's smart!  You do a lot of thinking, don't you?"
     "Not really.  I just don't like hurting people."
     "I see!  Empathy is good for heroes.  Well, anyway, I would encourage you to keep training!  If you hone your skills, you'll be a wicked foe soon enough.  Goodbye, (S/N)!"  He splits off as she continues forward to her dorm building while he turns left to go down to the third-year's dorm.  She waves back and offers her own goodbye.