You Can't Control Life, Princess

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     "You can't practice your quirk much, can you?"  Shoto asks lightheartedly.  (Y/N) was pouting with crossed arms as she sat against the wall.  
     "Not really."  Since her quirk affected other people, the only thing she could do was push her time limits, but her time was actually pretty great.  What she needed to do was increase the number of people she could affect, but that was hard without disrupting a bunch of people's lives.  
     "Do you wanna take a break for a few minutes?  I've probably gotta reinforce the ice-wall soon so it doesn't melt."  Her privacy concerns were sometimes a bit extreme, but he didn't mind.  She wasn't hurting anything so why should it matter?
     She sighs a bit, pushing herself up.  "A break would be nice."  She thinks for a moment.  "Do you wanna do that thing I mentioned a few days ago?"  She asks excitedly.
     "Details as to what you're referencing would be nice."  She pouts again playfully.  
     "The dance move I mentioned?  And then you were all like, 'I don't dance, (Y/N),'"  She mocks with an exaggerated deep voice in place of his own.  "and I said it wasn't complicated but don't drop me and you said you'd try —which wasn't all too reassuring, Sho— and-"  
     "Yes, I remember now."  Shoto interrupts with a barely audible chuckle.  She grins.  
     "Okay, cool!  So do you wanna try that?  It shouldn't take long, I honestly just wanna see if I can."  
     "You never did tell me what I have to do."  
     She goes through, explaining what would happen and what should be the outcome.  Theoretically, by the end of it, he should be holding her above his head.  
     "Okay."  She breathes softly.  If there wasn't so much possibility for injury, the scariest part of this would be standing so close to him.  (Y/N) pulls her arms around his neck, interlocking her fingers.  "You're gonna need to grab my waist and... like, not let me crash to the floor."  
     "Okay."  He chuckles.  
     "I'm gonna jump and you'll need to lift me up at the same time.  I'm gonna flip over so, whenever you're not bearing my weight as much, your hands will switch with your thumb on my back, opposite of how it is now.  Okay?"
     "Alright."  
     "And I was serious, Sho, please don't drop me."  
     "I won't."
     "Promise?"
     "I promise I won't let you hit the ground."  
     "I...  Ya know what, I'll take that."  (Y/N) laughs softly, looking off to the side.  She was mentally preparing herself to jump up, but the position wasn't really helping at all.  
     After a few moments and a few deep breaths, she tells him she's going to go.  She jumps up, swinging her legs back.  His hands twisted on her waist, palms holding up her weight easily as she kept her hands around his neck to anchor herself.  Her legs extended far past his head, kept straight.