The Sorrow Masked By Shock

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     "Hmpf."  (Y/N) breathes, another pout on her face.  Shoto leans over a bit to see what she was looking at.  Emails for something.  "Yup, I'm gonna have to list you for help."  
     "Alright."  
     "Sorry, Shoto.  I didn't think I'd need to do.  I know it's probably kind of embarrassing..."  She frowns a bit.  
     "No, it's fine.  I don't mind, really.  It's not like being labeled as your boyfriend is something to be embarrassed about anyway."  He tells her, sending her face into a soft rose.  "When is this showcase going to be?"  
     "From the 3rd to the 6th of July, so it'll be just at the tail end of summer break."  She nods to herself.  "I've been practicing the routine quite a bit and I think I've got it down for the most part so I can record and send you that video after camp."  
     Shoto nods his head.  "Are you excited for the camp?"  (Y/N) looks over out the window.  
     "I'm actually not going."  She states.  "I'm going to be doing my real internship now.  Since my internship got voided because I was dismissed early, and since it wasn't really an internship to begin with, I'm going to be doing it now."  She explains.  "And I didn't fail the exam so it's not like I need it as much."
     "Why are you on the bus then?"  He asks.  They were riding towards the camp right now.  
     "Supposedly, the agency isn't far from where we're stopping, so they're going to just drive a little more to get me there.  Also because I'm not really supposed to tell anyone."  
     "Well, you broke that pretty fast."  
     "Oh, shut up."  She whines softly before pouting again.  "I trust you to not let it out, okay?"
     "Alright."  He glances around the bus that was filled with noise.  Everybody was talking, except for Bakugo, who was yelling.  "Where are you interning?"  
     "Your dad's."  She replies.  "U.A. asked that I go to his because he knows my limits since I was there with my injuries.  I'm surprised he accepted though."  Shoto thinks for a moment.  It was definitely a bit surprising. 

     "Todoroki-kun, can I ask you something?"  Midoriya murmurs.  
     "What is it?"  The boy responds.  Midoriya glances away.  He wasn't really sure how to approach the situation.  
     "Does (S/N) really want to be a hero...?"  He mumbles.  Todoroki cocks an eyebrow.  
     "Why do you ask?"  He questions.  "Why do you ask me?"
     "Well, I don't think I've seen her talk to anyone except for you... and Ashido that one time.  But..."  He scans the surroundings, though nobody was paying any attention to them and they were all decently far away.  Still, he found himself whispering.  "She knows Shigaraki Tomura.  The leader of the League of Villains."  
     Todoroki's expression crunches.  "Are you sure?"  Midoriya slowly nods his head.
     "She even said that -kun was the wrong honorific.  Doesn't that mean she would call him -san?"  He looked so conflicted.  "I didn't say anything to the police but Uraraka-san and I have been wondering...  So I wanted to ask you if you really think she wants to be a hero?"  
     Midoriya's stomach drops at his silence.  Todoroki was looking off to the side, confusion stirring his face.  
     "She doesn't want to be a hero."  He answers.  "I don't want to get too into it because it's her personal reasons and it's not my place to talk about.  But no, she doesn't want to be a hero.  I doubt she's a villain herself or even helping villains."  He pauses, eyes narrowing slightly before he shakes his head.  "She doesn't care at all about hero society on either side of the coin.  She wouldn't bother to further either in the fight."  
     "Oh.  Okay."  But still, Midoriya was concerned with it.