The Icy Fingers of a Child's Loose Grip (on Reality)

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     "If you can dream about it, you can do it."  Gran Torino grumbles.
     "What?  What are you talking about?"  Kirishima murmurs, turning to Fatgum.  
     "Are you sure we need the kids?"  Rock Lock asks into the open air.  "We-"
     "I don't doubt it."  (S/N) states.  Midoriya looks over at her as she sits back in her chair, looking off at the floor.  There was a distant look in her eyes, like she was remembering something.  "Using the child's DNA to make the bullets.  That's been an idea before, too."  
     "We don't know if he's actually selling the bullets.  At their current stage, their efficacy is still too uncertain.  However, if they're at the test stage, and he's using them as samples to gather more to his cause...  There is no hard evidence.  But he's gathering people and funds across the nation.  If the completed drug would be able to completely destroy someone's quirk...?  I'm sure they'll have many ideas for crimes using this."  
     "Wouldn't this have been resolved already if those two had just taken the child?"  Rock Lock asks.  
     "Absolutely not."  (S/N) murmurs.  It was more to herself than anyone else.  
     "Absolutely not?"  He echoes.
     "Absolutely not.  That child has known nothing but that life.  Our world is not her own, and it will scare her.  Even if it is painful being there, she will be comforted by what she knows.  They are going to overturn every grain of sand in the ocean to find her, and the second she sees what's familiar, she'll return.  Taking her then would only worsen the situation."  
     "So we should let the child suffer?"  He asks snarkily.
     "So we should save one child in hopes that it won't kill countless children and adults later?"  (S/N) says back.  
     "Let's not fight, please."  Bubble Girl squeaks.  "We're all trying to save as many people as we can.  I know it can be a bit personal for some of you, but we have to look at the bigger picture."  

     Midoriya lowers his head.  He didn't want to close his eyes.  Every time he did, all he saw was that little girl's face.  Begging tears that washed over trembling pale cheeks.  The words she pleaded of him rung through his head.  
     "If only I had taken her back then, right now, Eri-chan would be..."  
     "I see, something like that happened..."  Kirishima murmured beside him.  "I-It's so frustrating!"
     "Deku-kun..."  
     Amajiki glances over his childhood best friend.  It was strange to see Togata so down.  All 7 look up as the elevator dings.  Aizawa wanders forward, (S/N) just beside him.  
     "Is this a wake or something?"  He asks.  
     "Ribbit!  Sensei."  Asui greets.
     "Oh, call me Eraser Head outside of school.  But man, I was going to recommend that your work studies be suspended today..."  He gives a pointed glance over at (S/N).  She returns it with a 'sorry' hand motion.  
     "Why, after all this time?!"  Kirishima shouts.
     "You heard them say the League of Villains could be involved, right?  That changes things."  Midoriya clenches his teeth, turning away.  "But you know, Midoriya, you still haven't regained my trust.  Unfortunately, I'm sure that if I stop you now, you'll rush out again on your own."  He moves forward and crouches down.  "I'll watch you.  If you're going to do this, do it properly, Midoriya.  Got that, problem child?"  Lightheartedly, he puts his fist to the young boy's chest.  A true sign of acceptance, of acknowledgment.  
     "Mirio, please lift your head."  Amajiki says softly.  
     "Hey, I know about this.  Hey, Togata, even if you regret something and get depressed, nothing will change."  Hado backs up.  "Did you know that?"  
     "Yeah."  He breathes, wiping his nose and sniffling.  
     "I'll say this to give you some peace of mind.  The hand you missed grabbing onto did not necessarily mean despair for Eri."  Aizawa states as he pulls his hand back and slumps to a stand.  "Face forward."  
     "Yes, sir!"  Midoriya shouts, jumping up from his seat.  
     "Aizawa-sensei...!"  Uraraka says excitedly.
     "I'm Eraser here."  He reminds her.  
     "I will follow you for the rest of my life, Eraser Head!"  Kirishima proclaims, his hand clenched in a pledging fist.
     "That's too long."  He sighs, dipping his head down.  "That being said, apart from the Big Three, who are at least as strong as the pros, the rest of your probably won't have big parts to play.  Asui, Uraraka, Kirishima.  You three aren't here of your own volition.  What would you like to do?"  
    "Sir-  I mean, Eraser Head!  After hearing that, I can't say I'm not going to help!"  Uraraka shouts as she jumps up as well.  
    "If you aren't going to say we can't do it, then I would like to help."  Asui agrees.
    "Since the heroes had you participate in the meeting, I think they have recognized you first years' abilities."  Amajiki states.  "In fact, I saw firsthand how a first-year could shine much bright than me."  
     "If I can help that girl with my power even a little, then I'll do it, Eraser Head!"  Kirishima states, slamming two hardened fists together.  Aizawa gives a solid nod of acknowledgment.
     "It's fine as long as you understand.  Our goal this time is only to rescue the girl, Eri.  We won't step in further than that."  He pauses, letting out a heavy breath.  "It is the opinion of the police and Nighteye that the League of Villains and the Shie Hassaikai are not in partnership, so the chances are low that the League will be involved in this time's raid.  But in case they're wrong, and the League ends up involved, then you guys are out."