What it is to Save a Life

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     She glances around the courtyard, trying to catch as many faces as she could without hitting a pro or cop.  Even the short delay was a major help as a mob swarmed the entrance of the building in any attempt to slow them down.  
     Once the other pros broke though, she sprinted after them.  As they rushed down the hallway, Sir Nighteye paused in front of an outcropping with a vase.  Supposedly, he'd seen a Hassaikei member move the vase and place a code in.  
     As soon as the door was even minimally opened, three more tried to crawl their way out like demons from hell.  She could only catch one as their faces were blocked, but it was helpful nonetheless as Centipeder quickly detained them and knocked their weapons away.  
     They rush down the staircase.  The path was seemingly blocked off, but Togata confirmed that it was fake and there was more behind it.  Midoriya and Kirishima's quirks were perfect to break through, and they were eager to help.  
     In only a few seconds, the entire corridor began to move in uneven waves.  One of the listed quirks was Mimicry, held by a man named Irinaka Joi.  It allowed him to merge his body with objects and control them.  To use it on such a scale, (Y/N) assumed he had to have used that quirk-enhancing drug Fatgum and Ryukyu had confiscated.  
     Togata announced that they were desperately stalling for time, so as one of the only people who would easily get past walls and handle the floor, he would go ahead.  She assumed he and Midoriya had a drive stronger than most because they had once held the girl in their arms, but had let her go.  (Y/N) herself was trying to not pull her emotional feelings into this, she knew it would likely make her irritational.  
     A hole in the floor rips open, dropping them down a level before closing again.  There were three men there ready for them.  Fatgum glances over at (Y/N), but she shakes her head.  All three had their faces at least half covered.  
     Tamaki tells the pros to conserve their energy, saying he'd handle it.  Subconsciously, she flinches as one pulls out a gun.  It was aimed at Aizawa, but the sight made her whimper as her body became acutely aware of the metal scraping her ribs.  
     As the police drew their own guns and Fatgum stood ready to take any bullet since it wouldn't hurt him, Amajiki used the distraction to detain them.  He slams them into a part on the wall as a fourth tentacle holds their weapons.  He switches it to a crab claw, effectively crushing the guns and sword that clatter to the ground.  Fatgum is the first to say they should go, and (Y/N) follows them out the door.  He knew Amajiki the best, so if he believed he could handle himself, she trusted that.

     They were allowed to run quite a distance.  There was no movement, no sound.  Aizawa was constantly on the lookout for any body part he could see to ensure the quirk was nullified.  
     Suddenly, a junction of the wall came flying out.  It scooped up Aizawa and was about to to slam him into a wall when Kirishima and Fatgum both shoved him out of the way.  Together, they disappeared into a newly formed hole in the wall.  (Y/N) thought to herself that it would be nice to have Yaoyorozu there who could make something like a flashlight to throw down to them.
     Rock Lock was able to stop some of the movement with his quirk, so they continued pushing forward while they could.  (Y/N) forced Midoriya and a few others to latch to her as she jumped along the bumps.  Since she wasn't getting injuries, they wouldn't either, even if they landed wrong.  
     They were constantly being targetted by walls flying at them from down the corridor, but Midoriya wasn't lettering them touch.  She wasn't really sure when he started using his legs instead of his arms.  
     Then, the room abruptly cleared.