An Adventurous Patrol

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     Endeavor wasn't a man of words.  Not little words, no words.  He wasn't a talkative fellow. 
     (Y/N) usually banked on social interaction to keep her mind from wandering, so this was annoying, to say the least.  Still, he was the number one hero now, and she already had a decent rapport with him.  He was likely one of very few pros who would allow her to use such a harmful quirk so freely.  Even if she went to someone else, it would take time and experience to get them to trust her.  Endeavor knew she handled it just fine, if not a bit too cautiously.  
     It was technically a "work-study" by U.A.'s standards, but she wouldn't get the credit for it.  They'd outlined that work-studies through the school could only be done with agencies that had a history of accepting work-studies and handling them properly.  Endeavor's hadn't even had an intern until Shoto, and he had certainly never had a work-study student.
     She'd still signed a contract with him, and her father had also signed as her guardian.  It just wasn't regulated by the school.  He didn't have to follow the school's rules about workers, so it was basically a win, really.  The only downfall was that she couldn't have an excused absence from school, but (Y/N) was just fine working afternoons.  

     He points to the map underneath a glass panel on the desk.  "I'm going to go left, you do center, and he'll go right.  At this point,"  He angrily jams his finger at another labeled intersections.  "we will meet.  If somebody doesn't show up, go looking for them once 19 o'clock hits."  She nods her head.
     "Got it."  
     "This is the pathway you should take."  He slides a smaller, cropped copy across the desk to just before her.  She picks it up and gives it a brief overview.  She was going to do a lot of zig-zagging, basically.  The sides would likely be doing two U-turns to cover the streets they needed to.  
     "Alright."  
     "These radios transmit best on 98.3, 105.7, and 111.1.  We usually use 105.7 but if you can't get a connection there, try the other two."  
     "Okay."
     "Stop talking."  She pinches her lips with a stern look, but nods.  "You're going to be on your own for this patrol.  If you see a criminal, don't engage unless they come at you.  Try to tail them and call for backup as well as police.  Since I legally have to tell you how much you can do, I give you full permission do to whatever you see fit.  Do you remember what Kaimoto told you to do should they escape?"  She nods her head to confirm she did.  Still, he repeats it briefly.  "Do everything to catch them and protect civilians.  If you can't, give police cardinal directions and a report of their general fighting style.  Got it?"  
     She confirms with a nod, but he still stares at her expectantly.  "Yes."  
     "Good."  He stands to his full height from leaning over the desk and jamming his fingers into it.  
     They wait until the other sidekick shows.  It was still weird for (Y/N) that he treated her as equal to this massive, burly man.  They were literally peers.  The man, Sameshima Morimasa, was a similar size to the head of the Todoroki household.  He could mostly transform into any animal, as long as he had eaten a significant portion of their meat raw 6 hours previously.  
     Endeavor was weirdly considerate.  The route started at the agency and led them almost perfectly to U.A.  Apparently, he had actually listened when she mentioned getting back later and later.  She thought she'd been complaining to the air.