Chapter 30 Twist

Hope's eyes opened, as she glanced around to see the commotion around her. Casting her gaze to the girl in the bright armor, she caught sight of Corruption and Annabeth both prepared to fight. Percy was covered in deep gashes and was clear that he was running out of energy.

A scream escaped past her lips when she heard Corruptions voice, the sound waves emitted from her vocals seemed to caused the ground to shake and people around her dropped to their knees. Remembering her baby, she bolted up, only to be hit with a wave of immense pain. Annabeth's laughter filled her ears.

"Even medusa can't hold a candle to you, Hope." Hope shakingly lifted her hands to see her skin now gray, with long black fingernails. Hope touched her skin to feel it rough, and she felt panicked. She stood up and backed into the shadows hidding herself from view until Annabeth rushed forward and snatched something from her mother's hands. Hope focused her gaze on the bundle and saw a newborn, causing her heart to beat faster.

"My baby," Hope whispered, reaching her arm out. A long white sleeve suddenly appeared stunning her, and as she glanced back Hope caught sight of Gaea smiling at her sadly from one of the shadows.

"Give me my baby!" Hope screamed accidentally sending out a massive shockwave. Annabeth only laughed, as she walked through the crowd as if nothing were wrong. Everyone stood still, worried for the child in Annabeth's arms. Annabeth looked down at the child only to see deep sea-green eyes piercing back at her. The slits in them let her know the baby's origins, only causing a sinister smirk to cross her crocked features.

"My such a handsome young dragon prince, too bad he has to die," Annabeth said before dropping the child. Hope screamed and rushed forward, but before she could catch the baby, it disappeared. She looked around wildly, crying as the desperation to find her baby grew, while Annabeths laughter filled her with anxiety.

"Hope," Percy called out, only to be shoved back by a massive force of power. Hopes eyes began to glow, as her hair raised and flew around. "My baby!" Hope anxious cries forced everyone to back away as they could only watch in horror at her final transformation. Corruption laughed as he shoved past Annabeth and faced Hope.

"How will you're husband love you now?" Corruption pulled out a mirror and handed it to Hope. She peered into her true appearance and screamed in utter horror before pulling up her hood and covering her face as she back away. Her skin was a light gray, dry and ashy. While she had black lines running across her body as if she were a broken mirror. Her eyes were black and hollow.

"Monster," Annabeth taunted, getting Hope to look up and see all her friends and family staring at her with expressions she'd wish she hadn't seen. Percy stepped forward and slashed at Annabeth, only for her to evade it.

"Wow.. a love shot, how cute," Annabeth sneered as she pulled out a dagger. Hope stood up with shaky legs and turned to face Percy who now faced to face with her.

"I don't care what you look like, you are my wife." Hope felt her heartbeat as she turned to face Annabeth. "I'll take on Annabeth, you take Corruption. Let's get our son back," Percy smiled and cupped her cheek.

"It sounds like a plan my queen," Hope turned around and glanced only to see Analia step forward and rushed over to her.

"Please let me fight with you," Shocked, Hope nodded and turned to face Annabeth again. "You turn me into this, so..." Hope didn't finish her sentence before she dashed forward and slashed Annabeth, cutting her left cheek with her long nails. Analia seeming to understand went behind Annabeth and hit slashed her from behind. Blood sprayed and covered Hope's cheek as she looked at her rival.

"I pity you, Hope, you could have lived so peacefully if it weren't for Percy." Annabeth's words struck Hope.

"And here you had a chance to have a normal family," Annabeth gestured to the unconscious Max, only causing Hope to frown.

"Max was nice, but turns out he's as crazy as you," Hope kicked Annabeth before opening her mouth to scream and send out another soundwave powerful enough to cause Annabeth to be blown back.

Hope felt a string of glee in her chest as she watched Annabeth wither with pain, but then she remembered that only Annabeth could tell Hope where her baby was. "Where's my baby?" Hope asked as Analia grabbed Annabeth's arm. restraining her. Annabeth laughed humorlessly, before shaking her head.

"I don't need to tell you," Hopes eyes sparked with anger before she grabbed Annabeth's neck. "Go in peace," Hope hissed, glaring into Annabeth's eyes, only to be surprised when Annabeth's eyes rolled back inter her head, and her body slumped forward.

"She's dead," Analia said in shock, as she dropped Annabeth to the ground. Hope lifted her face, shocked. Analia made an incoherent sound before turning to face Hope. The girl was still staring at Annabeth's body, surprised at the sudden capabilities she possessed. Blinking Hope cast her gaze to a tree and felt her eyes filled with tears before she collapsed to her knees.

"I wish to go back to how it was in the beginning," Hope cried out, as her body shook with grief. her arms began to hurt as she pounded on the ground. Percy had Corruption on the ground and could hear the words of his lover. Closing his eyes and feeling the weight of the words. He silently pondered over many other possibilities, glancing down at Corruption Percy quickly slashed the primordial. He'd reform, but he wouldn't be able to do it in this lifetime. Striking his sword into the ground, Percy walked over to his weeping wife and picked her up.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have met you," Hope's chest clenched in pain and she shook her head, trying to wipe her tears away.

"No, No. it's not what I meant," Hope whispered horrified by her own words, wrapping her arms around his neck she pressed her cheek against his chest. "I wish we had met under better circumstances, I don't regret meeting you, but..." Hope's voice withered as she looked at him with a sorrowful gaze.

"We never went out on a proper date, I didn't get to know you for who you truly are until the last moment, I was only a burden to you," Percy was hurt by those words, but he knew some of them were true, so he bent forward and kissed her by the side of her mouth. "I love you. Gods, I love you so much. I'll make sure to make everything better," Hope stared at Percy, and he looked at the damage caused to her.

"I love you," Hope gently cupped his cheeks into her cold hands and pressed her lips against his, closing her eyes as she caved into the sweet tender kiss.