Chapter 16 - Oath

Hope's POV

I coughed covering my mouth with my hand, more blood came out, causing Percy to worry and take me in his arms. I sighed and shook my head slightly as I pulled away from his hold.

"What happened?" He demanded, I looked up at him and frowned.

"I should ask you the same thing," I said tilting my head to the side.

"If I hadn't remembered everything my father had thought me as self-defense, I wouldn't be standing here, I called out to you as loudly as I could," I smacked Percy's hand away as he reached out to me.

"I'm going to my old room to rest, feel free to enjoy yourself," I hissed. The expression he made hurt, but it's better, I need to make a distance between us. I moved my gaze towards Analia and bowed my head towards her. After all, to me, it seems as if she will end up as the new queen.

"Good night lord Daímonas, may you rest well," I held my abdominal area before giving him one last sad smile.

"Your majesty," I watched as my maid came running in with a worried look in her eyes, I gave her a forced smile and gently pushed her towards Percy's directions.

"I'll be alright," I dismissed her gently and weakly made my way out the throne room, outside was my guard waiting with Artemis. I wiped the blood from my lips, ignoring the pain all over my body.

"Walk with me, goddess," I looked at into her bright silver eyes, she was clearly analyzing the condition I was in, and she looked tempted to ask.

I glanced back into the throne room, to see a worried Analia. I did have the power to bring pain on this woman, but then my eyes moved towards Percy, and my heart shrank, he was making sure she was alright. I, however, was the one who had been in danger here.

"I have some news for you Artemis," I began walking towards the direction of the palace garden and could hear both her and my guard walking at each of my sides.

"Tell me, what has the girl done to deserve such punishment, when your other hunter was guilty?" I glanced at her from the side of my eyes, only to see her already looking at me.

"Analia was branded as a traitor along with Percy that day, we did push her to extreme measures most days, but it's her duty to not allow any form of danger to come to my hunters," Artemis cast her gaze down to the ground, clearly avoiding my own.

"You do realize, the Analia could end up taking my place as queen," I stopped and turned to look at Artemis.

"But how?" Artemis asked confused, her gaze turning angry. I gave her a sad smile,

"Artemis dear, you are much older then me, but I can tell you one thing as a totally different being," I looked down at my hands, they were covered in blood.

"Percy is my mate, I do not wish to betray him, so even if it means tossing away my own happiness, I won't leave him, it's just how my life was chosen to be, I am a dragon, and I am loyal to my mate," I placed my hands over my chest, ruining my current dress even more.

"But-" I placed a finger over my lips, letting her know to be silent.

"Analia will stay here with me, as you freely gave her to me, she will live beside Percy," I grabbed a fist full of my tattered gown and turned to my guard.

"Come on, I have more to speak about with you," I whispered to Artemis.

"No, that is not acceptable, you're his wife," Artemis grabbed me by the shoulders turning me to face her, by now I had more tears running down my cheeks.