Chapter 3: The Hated Return

I was furious, I stood before Tartarus, my adoptive father, telling me I had to help the gods. It wasn't even optional. I have pulled away from my part of my training time an come here to listen to Tartarus lecture me on how I should act in front of the gods. Rules and everything! Such as no killing campers without permission. Or threatening the gods without consulting him first. Like I'd listen to rules.

All in all, I was displeased. I just kept my mouth shut before I was forced to spend the night with Medusa again. I shuddered at the thought of helping that woman chase down men. It was disgusting. She would have me find both men and woman, children even, all for the heck of her statutes. The worst was having to stand her seductive looks and touches It seriously grossed me out. I wanted no woman to touch me. Not even the slightest bit. Unless it was Gaea, my mother. She was allowed to hug me.

"Percy!" Tartarus yelled. I pushed my thoughts away and stared at him with boredom.

"I know, I know." I waved my arm carelessly to mimic the way he did. It was fun to get on his nerves somethings, on other days, not so much.

"Take your dragons if you want, but I don't want to see any lose near the mortals. Mist doesn't cover them up.

I chuckled imagining the mortals running from the dragons. Maybe they would think we were dinosaurs or something.

"Alight, so what do you want me to do right now?" I asked lifting an eyebrow. Tartarus facepalmed and let out a sigh.

"Go to the surface, of course, present yourself at the prince of the pit, your true self," I growled and crossed my arms.

"Alright, whatever, I'll depart now."

I made my way to the door, but my father called me out once more, I glanced back at him with a questioning gaze.

"You better wear the damn crown." He yelled. I glared and passed by a cyclops who just cowered in fear and opened the door for me, I growled and shoved him out of the way while leaving the throne room. I hated that stupid crown, and it was stupid.

"Pathetic," I muttered while wiping my hand on my armor.

I made my way to my palace and threw the doors open, cursing out every stupid and power hungry Olympian for being weak.

"Sir!" I glanced back at who called me, only to recognize my right-hand man, best friend. Dalvi, he's a damn ass too.

"I have to go camp half-blood." I groaned walking over to my 'throne, which was just a nice homey seat. It was damn comfortable though, plus I didn't want a big dominion to signify my powers, while I didn't inflict much to no physical damage on the few traitor dragons. I did place my domain over them all. Letting them know who was in charge here.

"Can you go get the damn crown, I'll go pack." I pointed the finger at the crown on my chair. Dalvi nodded and went off to get it; meanwhile, I made my way of the flights of stairs. Wondering why I didn't build an elevator in this darn place.

Once I reached my floor and had made my way to my room, I sighed and looked at the wall; There I saw the drawing of a girl. I don't know who she is, but I have seen her in my dreams. She had beautiful brown wavy hair. Her eyes a dark brown that reminded me of chocolate. I wished nothing more than to find her. I wanted to know who she was, and why she felt so important to me. At times, I would see her crying my dreams, Tears staining that beautiful face, making my heart ache in pain for her.

I walked towards the drawing, and gently touched her lips, so plum, so lovely, they went well with her.

"Who are you?" I asked the portrait as if it were to speak back to me. I pulled it off the wall and walked over my bed, where a suitcase appeared. I placed it in there and quickly gather some clothes and a few cloaks, weapons and everything I felt like I'd need.