Chapter 6: A Dragon's Human Mate

Percy's POV

I sat there in silence; Maria had left the room a while ago. it was 3:45 A.M

I sat in the far corner of the room, afraid that Hope would wake up and know the truth.

Could Maria have told her what she was to me?

But then that wouldn't make any sense. Maria had personally asked me to tell her myself.

My mind was running wild, and my heart was pounding loudly in my chest. I was at lost, and I had no one to talk to but myself. I didn't have friends after all. I stopped making friends a long time ago.

I sighed and stopped up from my seat. I quietly walked out of the room, leaving the door slightly opened just to let a bit of the hallway light inside. I wouldn't want Hope to wake in complete darkness, not knowing where she was.

I sighed loudly as I glanced down the end of the Hall, these kids didn't sleep. They were all downstairs, running wild. Just like dragon children do back at home. They have so much energy to spend. I let out a small chuckle at the argument I could head downstairs.

I walked down the stairs and sat there. Watching as the two girls glared at the three eldest boys for making a mess,

"We're guest. You don't just go around throwing shoes!" Bianca yelled. I glanced at the second oldest sister and titled my head to the side. She was my friend's reincarnation which made me happy, though I would never tell her that. Bianca deserves a second chance at life.

"Never," Jesus (H-esus) yelled lifting another shoe into the air. I chuckled softly. Jose and Johnathan followed his lead as they lifted shoes and threw it to the girls. But to my shock and theirs. Both girls raised their arms to block the incoming shoes, but instead of hitting them, they froze in mid-air, while Joselyn sprouted wing to prevent the shoes from hitting her.

"Oh my God," Bianca whispered as she stared at her hands with horror.

Joselyn burst out in tears as she noticed her wings.

I quickly stood up and rushed down the stairs. The boy's had their mouth's opened widely.

"No way!" Jesus shouted.

"Stop," I ordered, everyone became silent. I looked towards a guard in the room, who was giving me a bow of respect.

"I need you to go find Maria," I ordered him, the guard gave me another bow before rushing out of the living room. I watched as he left, and turned my gaze back to the six kids.

"It seems you are dragons. And if Hope and you two have this ability, then you boys will too." I rubbed my temples and gently touched Joselyn's wings.

"I didn't sprout wings, how can you be sure that I am a dragon?" Bianca asked with a raised eyebrow, as she silently challenged me with her gaze.

"Because I am the king of Dragons. I made Dragons." I gently lead Joselyn to a couch and had her sit down, though, it seems she was struggling to adjust to her new wings.

Joselyn's wings were a dark purple, telling her that she was a cave dragon, Hope's wings had specks golden, showing off her royalty status, though she was not aware of it, and I was not ready to tell her such information. Not yet at least.

"Sir," I turned around to see the guard standing along with Maria, who looks utterly calm to the sight before her.

"Who is there father?" I asked, if her husband were indeed a dragon, she too would be considered one since she mated with him.

"His name is Xavier Hulton," She said giving out a sigh. I stopped and looked at her with my mouth dropped open. I was frozen in my spot. I knew that man. And his story was not pretty.

"Xavier," I sighed out and took a seat on the couch. I rubbed my temples and looked at the rather large family before me.

"He went to go do a mission for me a few months ago and did not return. Later we had received a message from the enemy, telling me, that he was in their custody.

"He's alive?" Maria asked with tears filling her eyes. I gave uneasy glances around me, before letting out a deep sigh.

"To be honest. I do not know. We haven't heard anything about Xavier in the last three months."

The kids all fell silent as they sat on the floor, staring at me with hate in their eyes.

"I am sorry, I didn't know he had a family, he hadn't brought his family to my domain to be represented like he was supposed to do by law. I would have sent him there with much more back up." Maria's tears began to run down her cheeks. Making me feel even worse than I already did.

Maria made her way towards me and slapped me, causing the guards in the room to rush and hold her down. I held my cheek and glanced at her.

"I know you are mad, but I am also to be respected, look around you, they will all jump at the slightest threat to their king, even if you are my mate's mother." Maria's tears built up, causing my guilt to grow.

I glanced behind me to feel someone watching, but letting the feeling go as Maria fell to the floor, coughing and sobbing. I sighed and pulled the woman into my arms, hugging her close to me.

"It will be alright. I'll send out another search for your husband, and I'll make sure it throughly carried out." I promised, I felt Maria grip my shirt, so I looked down at her.

"You must tell my daughter who she is to you," I glanced towards the stairway and sighed. Could I bring myself to tell her that just yet? I wasn't sure, but I also needed to bring this family back together. I took their father away, and I have to bring him back.

I pulled Maria's grip away from me and stood up, I bent down and helped her up as well. I wasn't sure if I should dismiss them all to their rooms or leave them here together as a family.

"I don't like you," Jesus muttered while hugging his mother, he glared at me harshly, and I sighed. I knew they didn't like me. It was apparent, and even more for this reason.

"I don't either," Bianca said pushing herself off the floor. "So, take us back, you hurt our sister." I glanced around the room, hurt at their words.

I wouldn't hurt Hope. I would prefer to kill myself before doing such a thing.

"I won't and can't take you back, maybe after the war is over. I have so much to do already much, and it just increased with the fact that I have to search for your father once more." I pulled up my hood and shook my head.

"I have to go, Make sure they don't leave the camp, I want a personal guard for each of them." I glanced back up at the stairway I swear I saw two golden eyes staring at me with sadness.