Chapter 7 Hope Is Not Lost

Percy's POV

A loud groan escaped past my lips as I threw all the papers to the ground. I was exhausted. I had spent the entire week searching for Hope's father, without any break, I hadn't returned to camp, and I was getting restless from being so far from Hope.

I sighed and stood up, I glanced around my office and frowned. I was never going to know who we are up against.

Not on my own, I needed help, and I knew only one person who could help.

I took out a small coin from my pocket and threw it onto the floor, hard enough for it to break and let out a little spark. I watched as a screen shimmered into view, letting me see the person on the other end.

"Chaos," I called out, amused as he woke up from his sleep. He rubbed his eyes before focusing his gaze on me. "AH, Percy, what's wrong?" I bit my lip and tilted my head to the side.

"I found my mate," I said making my way to my desk. I sat down on my big rolly chair and looked at the screen. I rubbed my eyes, hoping to rub away the exhaustion I felt.

Chaos looked excited, "My boy, that's great news!" He looked at my expression and ran his fingers through his hair.

"But, why are you frowning? you should be with her!" I bit my lip to hold back a loud sigh from escaping past my lips.

"Her father, he's the one soldier I sent out to spy on Currpotion. And you know what, thanks to me, he disappeared a long time ago."

"What do you plan on doing now?" Chaos looked at me thoughtfully, leaving me unable to answer. I shook my head, and I didn't know what to do.

"I'll let them go back to earth, live a normal life. I'll give them a proper home, and I'll let her go." I ran my fingers through my hair again. I was so lost.

"My boy, love is sweet, but also bitter, you must learn to accept it, and with more reason, when my daughters give you another chance at love ." Chaos was looking at me with the wisdom in his eyes.

I sighed, "I cannot force her to love me." I said as I looked at Chaos who rose an eyebrow.

"Well, go show her that you love her then. Take her flowers, chocolates, a trampoline. Anything is better than nothing!" Chaos stood up from his seat and put his face all on the screen, now all I could see was his eyes.

"GO TELL HER YOU LOVE HER, THAT'S AN ORDER!" Chaos shut the communication off leaving me alone in the room.

"Damn it," I stood up and walked over to my bookshelf. I don't remember how to curt a girl. All I know is that plenty throws themselves at me, and none are worth my time. After all, their not after me! But the crown. Yeah right, like I'm giving the crown to one of them. I will only hand it over to the real queen of Dragons.

'Well, get down there and let Hope know who you are, and what she means to you, if you don't do it now, Chaos won't help in finding her father.' I silently prepared as I flashed myself into camp. I wasn't expecting to see Hope fighting with Annabeth though, and that was a shock.

"HE'S MINE," Annabeth shouted grabbing onto Hope beautiful hair. But my shock grew even more as Hope let out flames towards Annabeth, her eyes into evident slits of possessiveness.

My heart dropped the moment Annabeth was able to pull out a dagger and somehow get close enough to the enraged female dragon, slicing her arm. I yelped in pain as my arm began to hurt. I glanced down at my arm to see a red line, I looked back towards the scene and let out a huge growl.