Chapter 17- Darkness

Footsteps filled the silent halls, as a Corruption waited. The person entered the study room and grinned as she noticed the distressed look on his face.

"You're late," He stated bitterly.

An audible chuckle escaped past her lips as she walks in into view.

"Darkness," Her name was no deception to her appearance. A cruel smile came across her lips as she sat down on the desk.

"Corruption, brother." She took the pen and slowly brushed it against his cheek.

"Why have you called me out of my shadows?" Darkness placed the pen down on the desk and looked into the eyes of Corruption. Shifting uncomfortably Corruption took the pen and clicked it.

"Chaos has made Daímonas and I heir for this universe, and we both must prove our worth to him. I need your help," He stood up and looked into Darkness shallow eyes. Darkness laughed bitterly and stood up to look at him.

"And what do I gain for aiding you?" Corruption clinched his fist but then smirked and relaxed.

"Anything you want," Darkness raised an eyebrow before narrowing her gaze on him.

"I refuse to aid you. You're married to my enemy!" Darkness snarled and slammed her hands on the desk, glaring at Corruption.

"My aid will go to the one who's done much more for me," With one last snarl, she disappeared along with the shadows.

"Alexis," A beautiful woman walked in with a seemingly kind smile on her lips.

"Prepare the troops, were attacking earth. Let's expose the gods and the monsters Daímonas has created." A snarl appeared on Corruptions lips as he smashed his fist against the wooden desk. A cruel smile came onto Alexis' lips as she ran off to do as told.

__________________________________

On eath the day seemed to be normal, people bustle about, going on with their day, without knowing the horrors about to be exposed.

And just as the day seemed to be going well a loud boom shook the ground underneath their feet and buildings began to collapse. The mist the once covered their reality disappeared exposing the horrifying creatures that it once hid.

"Run!"

People began running in a frenzy as screams and sirens filled the sky.

Dragons began to emerge from the shadows, shifting and fighting off the intruders while large wolf-like creatures attacked and killed the mortals.

'My king, the mist was removed, the mortals are now exposed to our reality,' Delvi informed as he turned around and bit the head of a creature. On the other end, Daímonas turned around to walked back into the throne room.

"Change in plans, prepare the demigods for battle," His eyes glowed brightly as he looked at the confused gods.

"The mortals are being attacked, the mist was lifted. Hurry to prepare both camps for battle. I will go get my wife," In a flash, Daímonas was gone.

He appeared in Hope's bedroom. Hope looked at him in confusion as she painfully sat up. With a pained expression, Daímonas broke through thick tension and picked her up.

"Artemis, return please, go assemble your hunters. We're under attack!"

"Attack?" Both girls asked looking worried and confused.

"Corruption is attacking the mortals, go hurry, I need to heal Hope," Artemis cursed lightly before flashing herself.

Daímonas turned his gaze back to his wife and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Please, let me heal you, after this, we need to talk," A small hand clutched his cloak. Daímonas leaned towards her and whispered.

"I need your help, prepare the dragons for battle, I will go aid the mortals," With no more explanation he stood up and pleased a kiss on her forehead. He took a step back and handed Hope clothing.

"You're ready to fight along my side," Hope's damaged body began to heal and in seconds she was up and changing.

"I have to go," Daímonas turned away and left the room. Confident in Hope. Everything in his being was telling him to trust her with this, and he was prepared to let her grow her way through this harsh world.

__________________________

Daímonas turned to look around his throne room, within a bright flash, he was in the middle of the united nation headquarters. Everyone fell silent as Daímonas appeared. His cloaked form frightened all the world leaders, sending them into a panic, everyone began to yell orders, guns were aimed and prepared to shot at command.

"Sit down mortals, and shut up" Daímonas voice was laced with power, forcing everyone to sit down and remain silent Now everyone was staring at him, clearly terrified. None able to move a finger without Daímonas command.

"I am Daímonas, I'm here to help and protect you all," Eyes all started terrified. This didn't bother Daímonas, as he lifted a hand, and all guards were rendered useless as they were forced to the ground.

"None of your weapons can harm me, none of you can even lay a finger on me, so listen to what I have to say." Daímonas looked around to see eyes filled with fear, but one of it bothered him.

"There is a war between my brother and me," Daímonas turned to look at the mortals, everyone was silent, simply terrified at the man before them, none seemed to gather enough courage to question him.

"I am one of the heirs to the Univers, king of dragons. I am a primordial, a god in short for you mortals." Leaders all stayed silent until one dared to stand up. With Shaky legs and his expression portraying fear.

 He spoke, "What war? we haven't been notified of any war!"

"That doesn't matter to you, what does is that I own the earth, its mine and I am not willing to lose it to my enemy. I want all troops prepared for battle,"

"We are not just going to let you waltz in here and boss us around!!" Someone called out, all eyes traveled to a woman, her gaze was strong and fierce as she stood up breaking from her frightened faze.

"You're no god, we can't just believe anything you say!" She pointed out.

"Sit down, Rachel," Daímonas spoke out, growling along with it.

"Give us proof of what you say!" Rachel demanded while slamming her hand down on the desk before her.

"Proof you say," A growl erupted from Daímonas lips as he took half form. Horns and wings erupted from his body, leaving the world leaders silent.

"I am in no mood to expose all my powers to you," His eyes glowed red as he stalked towards Rachel. The woman was now in tears, as she looked at Daímonas form staring down at her.

"Believe me now?" His voice came out as a deep growl.

"My king," This time, a man spoke up, Daímonas turned around to see Delvi with Hope at his side.

"We're ready for battle, but are they?" Hope asked with a raised eyebrow.