Chapter 6: Past Comes To Light

3rd POV:

The second day of training arrived and they also had an awkward day as well as Bakugo's mother ended up calling Izuku's mother, Inko Midoriya, because Bakugo had told her that Izuku had gotten expelled from UA. Inko acknowledges that he did indeed get expelled due to some stupid quirk apprehension test and it turns out Bakugo's mother still didn't know that Izuku had a quirk since Bakugo didn't tell her. As such, Inko updated her friend on the quirk that had suddenly appeared the day of the entrance exam and how it had broken both of Izuku's legs and arm.

 On that note, All Might was still digging into why Inko Midoriya was never informed about Izuku's injuries. He didn't want to arouse suspicions so he was trying to thread carefully on the topic while searching through all of UA's rules. However, back to the phone call. Izuku, Gran Torino, and All Might were all in the room eating breakfast when the phone call happened. All Might didn't need to go to the school that day since he had no classes scheduled. 1-B would be having their combat lesson on Thursday and it was currently Wednesday right now. As they were sitting there, All Might felt the name Bakaugo was familiar to him for some reason. He knew he had a Bakugo in 1-A but for some reason outside of that, he felt the name was familiar. 

As the phone call was going on, Izuku was worried All Might would remember what he talked about in regards to a Kacchan who he had let slip in regards to his name being Bakugo Katsuki. Izuku had told All Might about 6 months ago a good portion of his past and all of the bullyings he received during school. All Might agreed with Izuku to not do anything per his request since he would be out of the school but that didn't stop All Might from tipping off his Detective friend though! As the conversation was coming to an end, Inko handed the phone up and started talking to Izuku.

"Katsuki told his mother about you being kicked out. I went with a general answer to it all and shifted it to the topic of your quirk coming in so she dropped in. She doesn't know you're going to another hero school though since I doubt we want people knowing so quickly. Ah... I remember when you would always bring Katsuki over and you still used that nickname Kacchan for him as well. It's so sweet." Inko said and at that moment Izuku knew he was screwed as All Might had dropped his coffee mug on the ground and it broke. Everyone looked at him except Izuku. 

All Might looked at Izuku in disbelief and called out to him. "Please... for the love of God don't tell me your mother knows the truth?" All Might stated and Inko was confused as she was cleaning the coffee and mug up and looked between the two of them. Gran Torino was just in a state of confusion. Izuku just didn't answer which confirmed for All Might... "Oh, Izuku... how much does she not know?" He asked her and Izuku had tears going down his face as he waved his hands in the air. "I'm taking that as none of it then... okay... um. Fuck... want me to tell her and so you can calm down because this conversation does need to happen, son.. she needs to know the truth of what has happened to you." All Might stated and Izuku nodded his head and hugged All Might. All Might suggested for him to go lay down on the couch and he will start the conversation in a moment. 

Inko and Gran Torino looked worried and confused at the same time. After finishing cleaning up the mess with Inko, everyone made their way to the couch in the living room area and sat down. Izuku had laid against All Might who was rubbing Izuku's back. "Inko... as you know I was the 8th user of One For All. Now, what do you think my quirk was?" He asked her and she had no answer but suggested it was his ability to transform to a buff form. "That would be a good guess but even I don't know how I do that... it's like One For All is helping me keep running right now with that. No... I was quirkless just like Izuku." All Might said and her eyes widened a bit and understood more of how easily they got close to each other since they share that together. All Might took a deep breath in and just kept rubbing Izuku's back as he was calming down but All Might knew that wasn't going to last.

"Inko... how much do you know of Izuku's life as a quirkless child?" All Might asked since he was sure the woman had no idea nor could he fault her for it since Izuku is damn good at hiding things. He hid that he was overworking from All Might several times which was hard to do. Inko explained what she knew of her son's life and that he did face some discrimination due to being quirkless and All Might sighed at the woman lacking understanding. "I just want you to know... in no way do I nor Izuku blame you for not knowing. Most people don't know nor realize how bad it is. It wasn't as bad for me since quirkless people were more common for my generation but for Izuku's... god it's hell." All Might stated and Inko was starting to get worried. She asked what she meant.

"Inko, Bakugo Katsuki.... has bullied your son mentally and physically for ten years now. He and other people have used Izuku as a quirk test dummy for the most part and the teachers at his school encouraged it. Izuku's grades would be sabotaged and Izuku would be reprimanded for things that were never his fault solely for the fact that Izuku was quirkless." All Might stated and Inko was in disbelief that the boy she saw as a nephew would do such things to her son simply for the fact that Izuku was quirkless. She was trying to hold back tears and wanted to deny it but the more she thought about it the more it made sense on why no one came to his birthday parties, why Katsuki never came to the house, and why Izuku always wore long sleeve shirts... 'Oh god...' she thought as she looked at Izuku.

"Sweetie... the reason why you wear long sleeve shirts... it's to hide the scars, isn't it? god, how did I never notice the changes." She stated as tears came down her face and Gran Torino was off to the side. He knew the numbers for quirkless people and honestly he was kind of shock that he didn't see many signs in Izuku of bullying but he finally figured out that the kid wore a pretty damn good mask and hid it well. Izuku pulled his shirt off and you could see the number of scars from burn marks and cuts on his body and they was plentiful. All Might then informed Inko of the statistics on quirkless children being suicide baited which was roughly 4.4 times a month.

"Izuku... did he?" She asked and everyone knew what she was asking and Izuku could only nod his head to her question which made her sick to her stomach. "Why... why did you never come to me about it?" She asked him and he didn't turn around to face her but did speak. "You were already stressed enough with taking care of me all of these years. Even if I told you, nothing could be done about it. I've tried the police before and they did nothing about it. A police officer caught Bakugo beating me up and using his quirk illegally once and he did nothing. He told them to just wrong along and not get caught next time since they were using their quirks illegally. He said nothing about harming me though... the officer was only worried about them getting caught for illegal quirk usage. So... I kept silent because I knew nothing would change. It's part of the reason I wanted to be a hero so badly... I want to be a beacon of light for everyone this society has pushed aside and abused.:" Izuku said without stuttering much as he stopped crying already. His tears were dried as he felt drained from the topic. Everyone was silent for a bit at what he said and All Might was pissed that the police did nothing about Izuku's situation when they could have.

Soon things calmed down and Izuku had promised his mother that he would talk to her more but Inko then that Toshinori was likely the first one to hear about anything being wrong since the two were so close and they had a bond that she wouldn't have due to them both being born quirkless. She wasn't envious of it, no, she was glad that it was there since it meant Izuku wouldn't suffer in silence anymore and that is what she could ask for the most. 

All Might did make the comment that Bakugo had tried to attack Izuku at the quirk apprehension test and that he would be looking in to ensure he had it marked that he was at least warned about it happening if Eraserhead hadn't already made a warning about it in the kids' files. Sadly, without evidence that supported Izuku's claims of everything that happened, they would have an uphill battle on getting anything more than that since the Detective was already looking into the school itself. 

It was none by the time the conversation had come to an end and Gran Torino decided against going out and practicing. Instead, he had Izuku sit on the floor of the apartment and they would train in the house. "You are not going to move at all with your quirk on! You are working on just calling it up and off that's it!" Gran Torino stated and Izuku nodded his head and that was how Izuku spent the rest of the day doing as he would turn it on and endure the pain before turning it off. He was calling it on at 100% which hurt like hell for him but unless he moved then it wouldn't blow him up!