Chapter 19: UA High Sports Festival

3rd POV:

The two weeks between the second week of classes for Shiketsu High School and the start of the sports festival had come and pass. A lot of the class time was spent doing combat lessons or training for the sports festival itself. Everyone still had homework to do but it was assigned and they were allowed to help each other but not give each other answers since they would need to know how to do it themselves for the tests. Izuku though was easily able to do the homework quickly and would go straight into training with Gran Torino at any moment he was able to. Izuku didn't want to let any time go to waste with the reappearance of All For One in the world. As such, he trained nonstop and this motivated his class as well to keep pushing their training. 

Gran Torino had Izuku stop two days before the actual sports festival happened so he would be able to be fully rested for the events so he would have a good performance. Izuku had improved greatly in the eyes of Gran Torino as well and Izuku was told that he had made great progress as well. As such, you could find Izuku sitting in the common room area of the dorms watching the TV as his classmates were around them. Today, the UA sports festival was going on and they were all watching it. All Might had asked Izuku if he wanted to go to the festival with him but he had declined it. He didn't want to run into Eraserhead or anyone from his former class. Honestly, Izuku really didn't want to run into one Bakugo Katsuki any time soon. Izuku wanted to keep growing without Bakugo destroying his fun life since Izuku was finally enjoying himself for once. 

As Izuku and his classmates sat there, Inasa leaned over and spoke to Izuku. "Izuku... isn't that the bastard you told me about one day from your old school? The one that is a quirkest bastard who thinks he is all high and mighty and will be the next number one hero and outperform All Might?" Inasa asked and everyone turned to Izuku who looked nervous but Izuku nodded his head. Everyone was silent and then looked at the TV. "No wonder he acted like that to you... he seems so aggressive and like an asshole! He is really unsuited to be a hero and is honestly another endeavor which we don't need! How did he even get into UA, don't they have a zero-tolerance policy?" asked one of Izuku's classmates and Izuku sighed. He looked at everyone and they all seemed to have the same questions. "I am lucky to even be accepted her based on my recorded. Remember, I was quirkless so they put all of the blame of everything onto me and never marked him for anything. His record is completely clean. As such, he will get away with all of the illegal quirk usage, all of the scars he gave me, and everything else he has done. He even attempted to attack me on the first day of school in front of a teacher Eraserhead stopped him but only gave him a warning. I later learned that he didn't have any official marks on his record for it until All Might pushed the issue so even in UA the behavior contained and was allowed." Izuku stated and everyone was even more pissed at UA for their treatment of their broccoli boy. Inasa hugged Izuku and said they would stomp the floor with Bakugo if he ever came near Izuku which made him happy but said they didn't need to. 

Soon the final rounds of the UA sports festival had arrived and everyone was sitting and watching. They were honestly hoping that the quirkest bastard Bakugo would get knocked out of the tournament at one point but he kept making it to the next rounds. This disappointed everyone but what could they do about it. Soon he was fighting in the final rounds where he fought a boy that went by the name of Todoroki who had a half hot and half cold quirk but for some reason, Todoroki refused to use his quirk to his full abilities. As such, Bakugo got angry and tried to attack Todoroki after the match ended and he had won. The staff stopped him but the class at Shiketsu could only agree even more that Bakugo didn't deserve to be a hero at all. He was violent and was a villain in their eyes with his display and what they knew about his past from Izuku. No one in Izuku's class liked Bakugo at all!

Izuku sighed at the comments he was hearing but honestly with the positive support and everything he's been receiving from his friends and staff, he couldn't bring himself to try and stop them. The more positive support he kept getting the less he believed Bakugo and everyone in his past when they told him he was worthless. The less he believed those people when they told him he deserves what they did to him. As such, Izuku only told his classmates to not let their anger towards Bakugo control them whenever they face him or others since it could lead to them getting beaten or losing an important fight. 

Soon the award ceremony started and they all laughed when Bakugo came out as his Piller was lifted as he had chains and a mouth guard around his mouth keeping him from talking. It honestly did not paint a pretty picture for Bakugo and Izuku was sure Bakugo was going to be the talk of the news for a few days on how he looked as well as acted during the UA Sports Festival but that was Bakugo's issues, not Izuku's.

Soon they all relaxed as the UA sports festival came to an end and decided to call it an early night since their sports festival was tomorrow. Unlike UA's, their sports festival isn't televised because the school didn't want people to see the student's quirks and for villains to plan around their student's quirks in the field. As such, it was much harder for their students to find internships but the school always made due and helped their students get an internship one way or another. Luckily for Izuku, he already had his internship lined up as he was going to be going with All Might.

While they all decided to call it an early day, the teachers at UA high school were in the staff room talking about Bakugo Katsuki and his actions during the sports festival. A few teachers wanted his attempt to attack Todoroki after the match ended to be included on his record for the school while a few thought that he just got over-excited. As they were talking, All Might brought up the fact that Bakugo had attempted to attack another student at the start of the year and that he was showing a disturbing pattern. As such, after some talking, it was decided that the incident would be included on his record so the school could keep a track of him. Unknown to any of the teachers besides All Might was that the detective friend of his had dug into Izuku's former school and they had found a lot of evidence that showed Bakugo had a history of assaulting people and showed villainous behavior. All Might was quite disappointed in the teachers in Izuku's past that allowed such behavior to go on and had helped the case and was getting the school shut down. Though, it was unknown if they would go after Bakugo since it would draw questions to Izuku getting his quirk so late in his life which All Might didn't want to do. 

As such, the matter of going after Bakugo for all of the crimes he committed was put on hold but it wasn't going to be forgotten at all by All Might, the detective, Gran Torino, or Inko Midoriya who all knew about the case. They had kept Shiketsu High School Principal and 1-A homeroom teacher in the loop as well so they could help Izuki if they noticed him having any issues as well since they would spend a lot more time than anyone else outside of Gran Torino. As such, they could only keep progressing towards the future and let fate guide them.