Unrequited

Trigger warning: Suicide attempt.

"I have an idea!" Osomatsu announced as he ran from the door. The other four groaned. "It's an awesome one!"

"Might as well hear him out. Okay, we're listening."

"Okay, so both Ichimatsu and Karamatsu are in love with (Y/N), right?" Karamatsu opened his mouth to protest, only to get cut off. "Well, I have a solution!"

"Please don't make it worse," Choromatsu groaned.

"Don't worry, it's the perfect plan! They can share her!" They all facepalmed. "What?"

"You really think they can share her?! You don't share someone you love!" Todomatsu threw his hands up.

"Polygamy?" Jyushimatsu suggested.

"Ew, no! I don't see what the big deal is, we shared the rental girlfriends!"

Choromatsu picked him up by the collar. "Never speak of it."

"So?! We weren't in love with them!" Todomatsu shouted.

"Weren't we?" Osomatsu scratched his head.

"No! We just thought we were! Being in love with someone and loving someone isn't the same thing!" Silence.

"You sound like Karamatsu nii-san!" Jyushimatsu giggled.

"You spend way too much time on tumblr." Choromatsu took his phone away. "Point is, you're an idiot. That would never work, and you just need to stay out of it. I mean it, stupid! If you screw this up, they may never forgive you! Let them work it out themselves!"

"But-"

"DO. NOT. INTERFERE!" Choromatsu let out a huff.

"He's right, nii-san. Now gimmie that!" Todomatsu reached for his phone.

"Come and get it!" He ran down the hallway to their room. "Hey, guys!" You two quickly separated from the hug with deer-in-the-headlights expressions. He didn't even blink. "Take this! Bye!"

You caught the pink phone, staring at it curiously. "What's this?"

"Todomatsu's, I know exactly what to do with it." Ichimatsu slid it under the bed with a smirk.

"You're so evil!" you giggled. He blushed slightly at your laugh. "You think he'll find it?" Before he could answer, the door flew open.

"Have you guys seen my phone?!" Todomatsu cried.

You exchanged glances. "Nope."

"Thanks!" He ran out, leaving the two of you alone.

"I can't believe you just did that!" You looked under the bed, giggling.

"You should know me well enough by now, (Y/N)." He sent you a tiny smile.

He just smiled! He's so cute!

"Wh-what?" He looked over hesitantly.

"Crap, did I say that out loud?" You laughed nervously. "Um..."

"Yeah. You don't need to lie to me, you know."

"I'm not lying! I wouldn't lie to you," you sighed in defeat. "Why don't you understand?"

"I'm tra-"

"Don't you finish that sentence." You took Ichimatsu's hand. "You're not trash, that's not who I'm friends with. I'm friends with Ichimatsu Matsuno."

"(Y-Y/N)-"

"Please believe me," you pleaded. "Maybe I should go now." You reached for the door.

"Wait, don't leave me alone."

"Never." Both of you sat on his bed, his head in your lap. "You're awesome, Ichi."

"Hmm, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"You're pretty cute, too."

---

"They look so happy," Karamatsu sighed. "I don't have a chance."

"Don't you want to see her happy, nii-san?" Jyushimatsu peered over his shoulder.

"Yeah, I do."

"What's next for you?" The yellow brother slid down to hug him.

"I need to tell her and get it out of the way. She won't return my feelings, I just need to take the pressure off of me. I know just how to do it." Karamatsu jumped up, leaving his younger brother on the floor.

"Go, nii-san!"

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Karamatsu burst through the door. "Can you-"

"Didn't anybody tell you to knock, Shittymatsu?!" Ichimatsu hissed.

"What is it, Karamatsu?" You resumed petting the fourth eldest.

"Uh, I-I want to show you one more song." He shrank under his brother's glare. "It'll only take a second!"

"That's great!" You stood up, Ichimatsu sliding off with a low growl. "Lead the way!" You walked outside with him, Ichimatsu secretly following.

"And up!" Karamatsu pulled you onto the roof. "S-so (Y/N), about the song."

"Oh, I'm sure it sounds great!"

"Okay." He bit his lip nervously. "Are you ready?"

"Of course!"

"I give her all my love
That's all I do
And if you saw my love
You'd love her too
I love her

She gives me everything
And tenderly
The kiss my lover brings
She brings to me
And I love her..."

You tilted your head. He's putting a lot of emotion in to this song. Like, more than usual.

"A love like ours
Could never die
As long as I
Have you near me

Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her

Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her..."

"Wow, Karamatsu! That was-" When did he get so close?

"Listen, (Y/N). I played that for you. I don't mean like I usually do, I mean for you."

"Wh-what are you saying?" You covered your mouth. Surely he doesn't mean-

"I love you, (Y/N)." Karamatsu took a quick glimpse at your lips. "I'm sorry."

"Karamatsu...I love-"

"DAMMIT!" The door slammed, causing you to jump.

"Wha?"

"DAMN YOU, SHITTYMATSU!" Ichimatsu glared up at him. "DAMN YOU FOR TAKING THE ONLY THING IN MY LIFE THAT TRULY MAKES ME HAPPY! DAMN YOU!" He let out a shrill scream before running off into the night.

"Ichimatsu!" You jumped down, stumbling a bit. "Wait!" He was able to run much faster than you, and you started worrying. Where could he have gone? Oh god, what have I done? You almost passed a specific bridge, until you saw a flash of purple. "Oh my god." You ran onto it, sprinting faster with each step.

"Fucking Shittymatsu," he mumbled. "I should've done this a long time ago."

"ICHIMATSU!" He turned around, startled. "PLEASE DON'T DO IT!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he spat. "Why don't you go back to your boyfriend KARAMATSU?!" He slowly tilted forward.

"ICHIMATSU, NO!" You reached out, fingers brushing his hoodie a second too late. "NO!" You jumped after him without a second thought.

THE END

(just kidding)