Rescue

Trigger warning: Suicide attempt.

Cold. That was the first thought that came to mind as you hit the water. So cold, I need to get out! No, I need to get Ichimatsu! You resurfaced, gasping for air. "Ichimatsu!" No response.

Fuck! You sank back under the murky water, groping around blindly. Come on, please let me find him! Please! You popped back up again, taking a deep breath. "We can't stay in here much longer!" You sighed, diving under again.

God, what if I don't- You hit something soft. Jackpot! You wrapped your arms around Ichimatsu's waist, pulling him up with you. "Gotta get out, gotta get out..."

"(Y/N)! Over here!"

"Jyushimatsu?" You followed the voice, trying to get to shore.

"Come on, you can do it!"

"Just a little more!"

"Almost there!"

"Ah!" You pulled yourself out, dragging the unconscious Ichimatsu behind you. "Oh god, oh god."

"Ichimatsu!" Jyushimatsu tried to run over, but Choromatsu grabbed him.

"Don't, you'll make it worse!"

"Shit, shit." You checked for a pulse, sighing in relief at the faint one. You looked at his chest and realized it wasn't rising and falling. "FUCK! EVERYONE GET BACK!"

"NII-SAN!" Jyushimatsu sobbed.

"Shut up!" You got down on your knees beside him, tugging his hoodie over his head.

"What about *119?"

"CALL NOW!" Todomatsu scampered off (you hid his phone, doesn't seem like such a good decision now, does it?). "Okay, I can do this." You sat up straight, tilting Ichimatsu's head back. "Don't you die on me!" You locked your elbows, got on your knees, and starting chest compressions. "Choromatsu! I need you to come here while I'm doing this and tell me when he's breathing on his own!"

"On it!" He ran to his side while you kept pushing. "No, keep going!"

"Dammit!"

"His chest is rising and falling, but he's not breathing on his own yet." Choromatsu looked like he might cry, and you were pretty close to tears as well.

"Just keep going!"

"The ambulance is on the way!" Todomatsu shouted.

Jyushimatsu and Osomatsu were sobbing. "I'm a terrible big brother, I'm a terrible big brother..."

"PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, DUMBASS! YOU'RE DISTRACTING ME!" You looked back down. "Twenty-two and twenty-three and twenty four!"

"(Y/N), do you need me to take over? I know how." Choromatsu tapped you.

"I can't stop now!" Your hands were tired, and your arms were stiff. Yet you still pushed.

"Isn't she supposed to be giving him mouth-to-mouth?" Karamatsu asked.

"That's optional, now let her do her thing."

"Damn you, don't you leave us! Don't you dare!"

"(Y/N), we can switch pla-"

"SHUT UP!" You kept putting your weight into the compressions on Ichimatsu's chest. "I HAVE TO DO THIS! IT'S MY FAULT! WAKE UP, ICHIMATSU! I LOVE YOU!"

"Heh." They grinned slightly, despite the circumstances.

"Look, they're here!" Todomatsu pointed at you three, making paramedics run over.

"What happened?"

"He drowned!" You still didn't stop. "Please tell me you can save him!"

"(Y/N), he's breathing!" Choromatsu pulled your arms back. "He's breathing!"

"Thank god, oh thank god!" Tears streamed down your face as Karamatsu pulled you away. "He's okay, he's okay, he's fucking okay!"

"(Y/N)! Breathe!"

You barely heard him as you fell back into his chest. "He's alive."

"Thank you, (Y/N)!" Jyushimatsu started tugging on your arms with a silly grin. "You saved our brother!"

"I guess I did, didn't I?" You hugged him, sniffing a bit. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad I tried to jump off that bridge several months ago."

"But why?" He tilted his head in confusion.

"Because I saved him, and he saved me."

"You saved him twice! You're the best!" Jyushimatsu grabbed you into a twirl hug. "We love you!"

"Thank you! Now please put me down!" He dropped you and grinned sheepishly.

"Hey, (Y/N)..." Karamatsu rubbed the back of his head nervously. "I'm really sorry I caused all of this trouble. You guys are right, I am painful. If I hadn't been blinded by my stupid feelings, my little brother would be okay right now, but I screwed up."

"Oh, Karamatsu," you shook your head, "we already forgave you."

"But-but Ichimatsu-"

"He'll forgive you too, I know he will."

"Need a ride?" You nodded to the paramedic.

"Is there enough room for all of us?" Osomatsu asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, hop on!" You pulled each of the brothers into the ambulance, sighing in relief. "You're going to be okay." You held Ichimatsu's right hand.

"Uh, (Y/N)?" Todomatsu looked baffled. His left hand was curled into a fist. "He won't let me hold it?"

"That's weird," you mumbled, touching it. "You'd think both would be like that."

"Wait, I think I know why!" Osomatsu pointed to his fist excitedly. "Look there!"

"Huh?" You gently started to uncurl his fingers. "He's been holding something all this time?"

"That takes determination!" Choromatsu leaned in to get a better look.

"Ah, got it!" You jumped as something shiny clattered to the floor. "What could he possibly-"

"Ooh," Karamatsu smiled, "that's cute." You touched your neck, confirming your suspicions.

Yes, Ichimatsu had found your locket in the water.

*119 - Japan's 911 (it's backwards!)