More Cats...?

"What do you mean, 'date?!'"

"You love my brother, right? You're together, right? Girlfriends and their boyfriends usually go on dates, right? Right. So go do that!" Karamatsu shoved you out the door. "Bye bye!"

"You're cruel! And you're one to talk, Mr. I'm-Almost-Too-Gay-to-Function!"

"Oh, that's it! You're not allowed to come back here until that date happens!" He shoved Ichimatsu out as well. "Oh, and by the way, bonus points for that Mean Girls reference." The door slammed shut.

"Shall we go?"

"We shall. Er, where are we going?"

"Oh, yeah Um, have you ever heard of a Cat Café?" he asked.

"Please, no more cats," you shivered. "I'm still finding cat hair in my shoes."

"But-"

"I said no."

"Aw." He gave you the adorable eyes trick. "Please?"

"Ugh, fine. Just don't go crazy." Ichimatsu grinned, clinging to your arm. "Settle down, you weirdo!"

"I can't when cats are involved!" You just rolled your eyes as he bounced around. "So you've never been?!"

"Nope, and stop acting like Jyushimatsu." You stopped in front of the small building. "So, why is it named after cats?"

"Look!"

You opened the door.

Cats.

Just...cats. Everywhere.

"Is this supposed to be a joke?!" You recoiled in terror. "Why are there cats in a café?!"

"It's in the name, (Y/N)!" Ichimatsu ran inside to pet a Siamese. "Isn't it great?!"

"It's kind of creepy, to be honest." A cat clawed at your pants as you followed him uneasily.

"Hello!" A really happy lady popped out of nowhere.

"AH!" You stumbled backwards into a table. "What the fu-"

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I was just wondering if I could take your order?"

"Oh, right. Hey, Ichimatsu?" He looked up. "What do you want?"

"Nothing," he replied, snuggling his cat.

"Oh. May I just have a slice of strawberry cake?"

"Of course! And feel free to play with the cats!" As the waitress walked away, you took in the atmosphere.

"Why has my life been so full of cats lately?"

"Well, that's what happens when you are around me." Ichimatsu was lying on his back like a cat. "Get used to it."

"I'll try." Wow, your boyfriend was weird. Wait, my boyfriend? "Ichimatsu? What are we?"

"Hmm?" He rolled back over. "Oh! Well, I guess we're-"

"Here you go!"

You faked a smile as the cake was placed in front of you. "Thanks." You pushed the plate away, losing your appetite for the moment. "You were saying?"

"I mean, can I be your boyfriend? If that's okay, I mean! So you will be my girlfriend, right? Or, or am I not thinking straight? Maybe-"

"Shh, calm down," you murmured, pulling him off of the counter. "Of course you can. I do love you, after all."

"You sure? Really, really sure?" Ichimatsu avoided your eyes.

"Positive." You pulled his face to look at you, cupping his cheek. Okay, I can do this.

"Need anything else?!"

"OH, COME ON!" You whipped around to see that infuriating waitress again. "No, we're good," you spat.

"Oh, okay!"

Ichimatsu glared holes into her head as she left to go back to hell or something. "I have never been so annoyed in this café in my life," he responded coolly.

"Hang on, maybe this'll help." You plopped a cat on his head. "Better?"

"Yep."

"Alright. Want any cake?" You sat down slowly.

"I came here for the cats, but sure." Ichimatsu put the cat on the floor, sitting in the chair directly across from you. "Hmm, it looks pretty good."

"Yeah, you try it first." You fed it to him, and his eyes widened.

"S-s-s-sweets!"

"What was that?!" you laughed. "You okay?"

"I'm fine! I think that's what the Westerners are calling this stuff."

"Americans are calling them sweets?" You took a bite, nodding. "The name checks out, alright."

"Not all of English is bad, it's mostly when Shittymatsu is using it." Ichimatsu gave one of his half-smiles. "Languages really are fascinating."

"Yes, they are. Très fascinant."

"How many languages do you know?!"

"Only one! I just know bits and pieces of others." You booped his nose. "No need to be so confused."

"I still am. You're something special, (Y/N)."

"You're something special too, Ichimatsu." Ichimatsu ducked his head, blushing. "Really, you are."

"Well, sextuplets are special," he pointed out.

"I didn't mean all of you, I meant you as a person. One person, an individual. And...I'm sorry that you thought I loved Karamatsu. It's all my fault."

"No, no it's not." His hand covered your own. "I broke my promise, I shouldn't have gotten so jealous. I just caused all of you pain."

"I'm not going to lie, you did cause us a lot of pain. But it did show how much you care about me."

"I guess you're right." Ichimatsu started feeding the rest of the cake to the cats. "I still feel bad."

"Yeah. Are you going to tell them?"

"Tell them what?" He tilted his head in confusion.

"About how depressed you were." He didn't respond. "Maybe I shouldn't have asked that."

"No, no, you're right. I'm not sure if I'm ready. I mean, I have to tell them sometime." Ichimatsu bit his lip, looking up at you. "Can you be there when I do?"

"You're silly, I'll always be there for you."

"You really are something special. How did I get so lucky?"

"I got lucky, too." You glanced left and right. "Okay, do you want to try again?"

"Yes." He leaned forward, and your heart beat faster. Oh man.

"Would you like the bill?" Both of you groaned at the annoying waitress.

"Yeah, we would." You paid it (that guy really needs to get a job, seriously) with a sour expression.

"That sucked," Ichimatsu said to you.

"What else is new?" You stopped in front of his house. "Hey, look!"

"What?" He looked to where you were pointing at the roof.

"Hi, Kara, Chibita!" you called.

"Hey, idjits!" Chibita waved. "I can't believe he actually got a girl!"

"You should believe it!" Karamatsu slapped the back of his head. "If I can get someone, then he should be able to get someone! Or are you just butthurt?"

"Shut up!"

"Alright, we'll just leave you two alone." As you opened the door, you heard the familiar sound of his guitar.

"Here comes the sun, do, do, do, do
Here comes the sun, and I say it's alright
Little darlin', it's been a long, cold, lonely winter
Little darlin', it feels like years since it's been here..."