Coming Out

"ICHIMATSU!" you yelled.

"Eh?" All six brothers ran over. "What happened, (Y/N)?"

"Why?!" You threw another cat off the couch. "Must you keep them in the house?"

"Yes," he nodded. "Oh, guys. Mom and dad are coming home today."

"I totally forgot! Thank you, little brother!" Karamatsu ruffled Ichimatsu's hair, earning him a glare.

"That's great, I need a break from babysitting twenty-something-year-old babies. I have a life too."

"We're sorry, (Y/N)." Karamatsu bowed sadly. "We're just useless sometimes."

"No, that's not what I meant at all!" You wrung your hands. "I-I meant-"

"It's alright, we got it." Choromatsu placed a hand on your shoulder. "We're really grateful."

"Aww, I love you guys."

"Group hug?" Jyushimatsu held out his arms.

You nodded. "Group hug." All of you embraced, giggling. "Come on, it's not like I'm leaving forever!"

"True, true, but it kinda feels like it," Todomatsu sniffed.

"Silly, I'll still come over to see all of you and Ichimat-" You stopped mid-sentence, eyes widening. "Oh no."

"What? What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Todomatsu shook your shoulder as Jyushimatsu poked your nose. "You okay?"

You, to the rest of the world, had stopped breathing. "Your parents. Guys, your parents!" They jumped as you shouted. "What do we say?!"

"About what?" Choromatsu asked. And then his face dropped as it dawned on him. "Oh! Um, I-"

"What do we do?!" You grabbed Ichimatsu, panicking. "What do we say?! How do we act?! What-"

"(Y/N), calm down!" Osomatsu put a hand on your head. "It's okay, you'll be fine."

"But I'm scared," you whimpered.

"You think I'm not?" Everyone turned to Karamatsu. "At least you're straight, heh, heh!" He gave a nervous smile, obviously trying to play it cool. "As far as I know."

"You're right, we're sorry."

"I," Ichimatsu spoke for the first time, "I think we should tell them at dinner. That is, if you stay for it, and I assume so."

"You assumed correctly."

"But what about me?" Karamatsu took off his (new) shades. "What do I do? What do I say?"

"I have an idea, you can practice what you're going to say to us," you suggested.

"Yeah, that's a great idea! Okay." He cleared his throat. "Mom, dad, there's something I need to tell you. I'm uh, I'm not straight?"

"No, don't do that," Todomatsu shook his head. "That's not how you do it."

"Hey, back off! I'm trying! Oh, god." He looked back at you. "Mom, dad, I hope what I'm about to say won't make you think of me differently, but knowing you, I don't believe it will." You nodded in approval. "S-so, you have wanted us to get settled down for quite some time now, and uh, I've started to, but-I can't do this!" Karamatsu slumped over.

"It's okay, you'll do it when you're ready," you smiled. "I'm proud of you."

"Really? You don't think I'm even a little weird?"

"Nope! Nii-san is still awesome!" Jyushimatsu jumped onto his back. "We love you!"

"You're breaking my back!" Karamatsu struggled to pull him off.