Chapter 6:

Akumu was riding in a car with a random driver and Mr. Yamanu. The car had a certain new car smell that Akumu thought was odd. It smelled too clean and perfect, he'd much rather be in outside with the sun, birds, and trees, but nope. All he could do was stare at the passing trees and think.

The silence between Akumu and the person who had brought him to Tarilian, Europe was almost awkward. Akumu looked past that feeling hovering in the air and thought about how he got here...

"Petra! Akumu! You're leaving me behind again!" Aitana, Akumu's little sister whined.

"You can catch up! I know you can!" Petra, Akumu and Aitana's best friend, called back. She had one of her sweet smiles on as they hustled through the forest. Akumu smiled slightly, he had heard them but his mind was truly in the branches of the trees above.

Akumu listened to the wind whispering through the leaves. He could swear he heard voices but...

This is why everyone calls you crazy. He thought with a small sigh. He shook himself. No. He stood a bit taller.

"Hey Akumu! Look at this pretty bird, over here!" Aitana yelled. Akumu perked up, turned around, and hurried over quietly. They crouched down on the dirt and stared. Akumu didn't even notice the fact that he was rubbing dirt all over his simple shorts and T-shirt.

"That appears to be a crested caracara! Their a more uncommon bird around here. They normally eat insects, reptiles, and fish, but they will carrion if it's available. And it's Mexico's national bird, too." Akumu informed. He had a very fast way of speaking. Sometimes people didn't even know what he was saying.

"Ooh! Looks like a brown and white parrot!" Aitana whispered in awe. Petra snickered.

"Yes, Aita. It's a dirty parrot." Akumu and Petra glanced at each other over Aita's head. Akumu couldn't help but smile. Then suddenly his phone rang in his pocket. Loudly.

The caracara flew away, clicking and shrieking. Akumu stood up, attempted to brush himself off,  failed, and then he began to stumble around trying to get his phone out of his pocket. He nearly dropped it but Petra managed to catch it just in time.

"Awww. Bye bye, dirty bird." Aitana sighed a little. Petra patted her on the head a few times.

"Hello, Mama!" Akumu voice was even more high pitched than normal, he was twitching a lot and a very wide, very forced smile on his face. Petra gave him a weird look.

"Hijo..." His mama said in a warning tone before she really began ranting. "Nino! You and Aita were supposed to be back by now!" Akumu had to hold the phone about a foot away so he wouldn't burst his eardrums from his mama's protective tone.

"Yes, mama! Of course, mama! Sorry, mama! We just lost track of time and-"

"No, no, no! Just get your hermana and your own butt over here!"

"Adiós por ahora, mama!" Akumu said quickly before hanging up. "Maldita sea! Maldita sea Maldita sea! Estoy condenado!" Akumu knew Petra couldn't speak Spanish but that's the language he always panicked in. "hermana, we got to go! Sorry Petra, we're already late! Mama's going to kill me! We can hang out later." Akumu was mixing the thoughts he was saying out loud in with whatever he was trying to say to Petra. It was very confusing for Petra.

Petra grabbed him by the shoulders to stop him from pacing. "Akumu! You'll be fine! It's all fine! Just get going." Akumu managed to nod several times as he slowed down.

"Come on Aita! Bye, Petra!"

"Okay!" Aitana got up from where she had been staring at a patch of small, purple flowers.

"Bye! See ya later!" Petra yelled as they made there way back home.

Goodbye mysterious voices. Goodbye forest.

They left the shade of the trees and entered the bright dazzling sun. The heat immediately smothered them but they didn't stop. A few minutes later they were at the door of their house. Before they could even reach for the door to go inside, the door slammed open.

"Hola mama." Akumu greeted her in a nervous manner.

"Mama!" Aita yelled gleefully, hugging her waist.

"Oh, mis bebés! I love you!" Akumu's mama said kindly. "But that doesn't excuse you for being late!" She yelled suddenly pulling them inside. She began to rapidly kiss their foreheads.

"No! Mama! Please!" Akumu and Aitana begged.

"Fine. But you must go clean yourself up and eat your dinner before it gets cold!" She said as she shuffled them off while laughing.

They ate Enchiladas for dinner and began to settle down when they heard a knock at the door. Akumu's mama got up, neatened her thick, brown, neck length hair, and answered. Akumu leaned over to see who it was.

"Hello. My name is Mr. Yamanu, I assume you are Ms. Cabrera?" A tall unfamiliar man stood there. And Akumu was sure he didn't live around here due to his complexion and what he was wearing.

"Officer Cabrera. Can I help you?" She sounded a bit wary.

"Actually, I'm here to inform you about an educational opportunity for your son Akumu Cabrera."

And that was how he got here.

The car pulled up to a school that looked more like a fantastical, European castle from stories. Akumu gaped, the school was surrounded by beautiful forests.

Akumu got out of the car just to stare more. "This way, Mr. Cabrera." Mr. Yamanu gestured to the school doors. When they entered the school, Akumu was greeted by five other kids around his age.

"Finally." A girl with mid-toned skin and cyan eyes stood up, arms still crossed. Akumu brushed his black hair out of his own green eyes.

"Hello, I'm Aaron Helios. What's your name?" A boy with golden-yellow eyes, brown hair, slightly tanned skin, and a shining smile said as he held out his hand to shake. Akumu took it carefully. "Akumu Cabrera."

"Now that we're all here, let's explain a few things." Another older man stepped out of nowhere.

Wait a second...

Akumu glanced behind him. Mr. Yamanu still stood a few feet behind him, now smiling a bit as he glanced at what seemed to be his twin.

Four other Mr. Yamanu clones stepped out. They all walked to the center of the large room and as the neared each other five of them began to flicker. Akumu couldn't look away. Eventually the other five disappeared all together.

"What?!" Another girl who had dirty blonde hair with the ends colored purple, yelled grinning from ear to ear.

"Hello. I am Mr. Yamanu and you were brought here to learn about your powers.