Chapter 10:

Souta and the others were now sitting in a classroom. It was had a lot of shelves full of books and three rows of two tables. Souta had glanced at the a few book titles and they were all weird. Some books were about Cryptozoology, Mystozoology, and he swore he saw a book about Dracology, too.

They were all talking. A lot. Souta was surprised with how loud five middle schoolers (and one mute kid) could be.

As of this moment, Souta was 'talking' to Nya. She seemed pretty cool once you got past their spiky exterior. They were deep in a conversation about music when the one guy who Mr. Yamanu had called intern, walked in.

"I- I'm sorry but Mr. Yamanu can't make it to your class right now. He has... there's been a little... mishap." The intern said. He seemed to be very nervous. Souta didn't understand why. "If you have any questions, I can probably answer them. Probably."

"Okay, then. What's with the border you were talking about yesterday? We never got a real answer." Kailani, or as Aaron was calling her, Kai jumped right in. She had her legs crossed on the table as she leaned back.

"And who were these ancient leaders we're supposedly connected too?" Nya added.

"Why exactly are we here?" Akumu pointed out.

"What's your name and when's lunch?" Zara asked excitedly.

The intern looked crazy overwhelmed. After a moment, he took a deep breath, and began, "The border is a magically enforced shield that is meant to contain magic. The ancient powers were a magical team of leaders who guided the world, you six were chosen to become there successors by their talismans. You are here to learn of your magical origins, your past live's, and how to control your individual powers. My name is Alex Gren but literally everyone calls me intern. Lunch is in two hours." Alex said this all incredibly fast and had to take a minute to catch his breath afterwards. Everyone was quiet besides Alex's huffing.

"Well, alright then." Aaron said, amused.

"What class was this supposed to be, exactly?" Akumu raised his hand and asked.

"Well, in this class you will learn of magical creatures and which are myth and which are truth." Alex answered, glad that they were asking easier questions.

"So, you said we each have powers, which ones do each of us have?" Zara asked a bit calmer now.

"We're not exactly sure about some of you but we have educated guesses. We think Aaron Helios is the the heir of Aonanin or the god of the sun. Kailani Kapoi-Aukai is the heir of Baia, goddess of the moon. Souta Hamada is the heir of Cirocco, god of sound. Akumu Cabrera is the heir of Arsenio, the god of earth. And we're not sure about Nyathera Usoro and Zara Grey, but the test later today will answer that question."

"The test?" Nya asked, still glaring at Alex for calling her Nyathera.

"Yes! It will help us figure out your powers!" Alex replied. He seemed to be very excited for this test.

There was a moment of silence where everyone thought about this. Then Kailani moved her legs off the table and looked at Alex a bit more seriously.

"Wait. What happened to this great team of magical leaders? You make them sound like mystical beings that could do no wrong, how did they all 'fall,' just like that?" Kailani asked suspiciously.

She's is right. That doesn't make too much sense.

"That's a good question, Kai." Aaron said as if he was reading Souta's mind.

"Shut up, Aaron." Kailani said, trying to stifle a smirk.

"Yes, ma'am!" Aaron replied, causing Kailani to roll her eyes and her smirk to shine through. Zara giggled a bit.

"I- um..." Alex looked around wildly for a way to avoid the question. Eventually his eyes landed on the clock. "Thank, Horacio!" He whispered under his breath. "Class is over! You have a half hour before your next class begins." Alex said before shuffling out of the classroom and down the hall without a farewell.

"Well, that was helpful." Nya observed with a smirk.

"Very." Replied an annoyed Kailani. "Why won't these idiots give us any straight answers?! It's getting real old, real fast!" Kailani yelled. She glared at the table for a moment like she was deciding whether to flip it or not.

"Well, at least we figured out somethings. Right?" Akumu asked gently, looking at Kailani.

"Ehhh... Yes and no." Nya replied. She looked like she didn't care but there was a spark of interest in her eyes.

"I for one, cannot wait to learn what powers we have!" Zara said, turning to Nya with a grin. Nya smiled back. Souta had a feeling about those two that he couldn't quite explain yet.

"Maybe we should head to our next class early. Then we'll see if Mr. Yamanu I'd there and if we can get any more answers, right?" Aaron suggested, meeting gazes with Kailani.

Kailani gave a long annoyed sigh. "I guess..." she grumbled, as her response.

Aaron smiled. "Great!"