Chapter 12:

Zara LOVED all of her new friends! And that was an understatement!

At this moment, Zara and all of her best friends were walking to the courtyard. As soon as Mr. Yamanu had entered their class he had to leave do to 'complications'. Zara looked for the best in everyone but she guessed that he just didn't want to deal with them. He had said that the test would be in fifteen minutes, so that was exciting.

"C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! Let's GO!"

"Calm down, dude!" Nya said with her cool smile. Zara loved her chilled out nature.

"How are we supposed to calm down?! We're getting tested on the first day!" Akumu seemed to be very distressed about this. We need to change that.

"It's okay, Akumu! Deep breaths! Calm down! We'll get through it together!" Zara said kindly. Souta walked over and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Aaron said with a gentle grin. Akumu seemed to calm down a bit at that.

"Yeah! Even if this test is scarring, mentally or physically, we'll all get through it together with the power of friendship!" Kai said in a sarcastic manner with a HUGE smile. Akumu, once again, returned to his overwhelmed, panicked state.

"Way to go, Kailani." Nya said, amused.

"Oh, don't listen to them Akumu!" Zara said giving them a not-so-serious glare.

"Hey, I'm not saying anything that isn't true. Well... the friendship part might be stretching it a bit, but we'll be FINE!" Kailani added. Aaron laughed, Souta smiled a bit, and Zara swore she heard Nya chuckle a little.

Zara walked next to Akumu, helping him calm down. By the time they reached the courtyard, Akumu was only twitching the normal amount for him.

The courtyard was HUGE compared to what Zara considered a standard yard size. The trees, bushes, and ivy was trimmed but still looked wild, like the plant life couldn't fully be contained. Zara wasn't big on plants but they gave off a 'Secret, super cool and magical' vibe that she enjoyed greatly.

"Welcome." Mr. Yamanu, who had been standing off near the tall, stone wall, greeted coldly.

For a man who's welcoming us, he's not welcoming us in a very welcoming way.

Shouldn't he be like, 'WELCOME, KIDS! We're gonna do some cool magical stuff! And you shouldn't be worried at all! There's NOTHING to worry about!'

A smaller box next to Mr. Yamanu caught Zara's eye before someone else walked in the courtyard.

A lady with a huge, curly, brown haired mane  that she managed to hold out of her face with a tie-dye bandanna, and large circular glasses came through the door behind them all with Alex.

She didn't even glance at them as she walked past, she just looked over her first clipboard, pulled out a pencil from behind her ear to scribble something down, and handed one of the clipboards to Alex.

She looks fun!

The lady walked over to Mr. Yamanu and spoke quietly. Zara guessed, by his expression, that Mr. Yamanu didn't like this lady very much. After a little she walked up behind each of them, whispered something, then left them each rubbing their heads. When she got to Zara she bent over a bit and whispered, "Sorry!" Before pulling out a piece of her hair.

"Sheesh!" Kailani said, rubbing the back of her head.

"Why, in the Pythagorean theorem, do they need our DNA?" Akumu asked in his frantic, nervous way.

"Oh, calm down! No one cares about the Pythagorean theorem. But that is a good question..." Nya trailed off, thinking.

"I'm sure there's a very logical and sensible reason!" Aaron budded in, attempting to reassure everyone.

"Yeah... definitely!" Zara tried to say convincingly but failed. If you're not convinced yourself you're not going convince anyone else. Souta gave her an unconvinced look to prove her point.

"Mmm hmm. Sure. Like they wanna TRACK US!" Kailani whispered loudly.

The lady with her mane of hair, muttered a few things, went over something with Alex, tucked something in one of her many lab coat pockets, and practically skipped out of the courtyard. As she was passing Zara, she gave her a madly, excited look.

"She seems nice!" Zara said with a small smile.

"Of course the mad scientist seems nice to you!" Nya replied with a small laugh. Souta smiled a bit.

"It's time for your testing." Mr. Yamanu called out. They all froze.

This is going to be... wonderful!