Chapter 7:

Kailani didn't like this. To say the very least.

"So is this even actually a school or what?" The one girl asked.

I should probably learn these peoples name's. URGH, what's her name... N... Ni... Nya! It's Nya! That's improvement! We're getting there!

"Yes, this is still technically a school, the only real difference is what you will be learning." Mr. Whatshisface replied. He had an odd expression on his long face as he looked at Nya who was lounging on the couch against the wall.

Suspicious.

"Your first classes will start in two days. Before than you are allowed to explore, the only major rule we have here is, Don't cross the border."

"There's a border? Does it keep something out or something in." New boy asked eagerly. He spoke in a very fast, higher pitched voice. Kailani thought it was funny.

"Yes. Both." Mr. Whatshisface. He seemed to be trying to hide his annoyance behind a small smile. The new kid seemed to shrink a bit under his narrow gaze.

"Now, can we discuss these Powers?" Aaron asked with one of his stupidly, stupid smiles. She hated it. She hated it. So. Much.

"We will touch on that more during your first class, but the sum of it is this..."

Basically he tells what it says in the prologue...

"... so what me and my colleagues have discovered is that you six are the heirs of Azaria, Cirocco, Horacio, Baia, Aonanin, and Arsenio." He pointed to each of them as he said these names.

"Woah!" Zara gasped.

"What do you mean by colleagues?" Kailani asked, she may have gone with this guy all the way to a remote place in Europe, but that didn't mean she trusted him at all.

He gave her a weird look. "More will be answered during your classes." Then he smiled in a cold manner. Kailani wasn't afraid to glare back at him.

Suddenly a frantic-looking rando with messy red hair burst in and began pacing. "Sir, the barrier is malfunctioning again! I don't believe that the ancient spells used to cast it, can handle the sudden abundance of magical energy!" Mr. Whatshisface glared at him until he noticed.

"Intern..." Mr. Whatshisface grumbled.

"Oh. Are these..." Mr. nodded, and the intern began beaming. "The heirs of the ancients! I am freaking out! I- woah- amazing!"

"Intern! Back to your lab. Immediately." Mr. Whatshisface was clearly trying to contain his anger. Kailani thought it was amusing.

"This way." Mr. Whatshisface gestured for the six of them to follow him down the hallway to the right. He led them to a large corridor that split into six rooms. "Aaron, Souta, and Akumu to the left. Kailani, Zara, and Nyathera to the right." He said, pointing at each door before leaving the corridor and closing the door, leaving the six of them alone.

"This is crazy!" Zara literally screamed as soon as the door closed, causing Souta to jump a bit.
"So we should introduce ourselves and such! I'll start! I'm Zara and you can call me by any pronouns, I don't care at all! Your turn!" Zara pointed to the new kid. He looked a bit nervous when he was singled out.

"Well, ok, I'm Akumu Cabrera and my pronouns are He/Him."

"Nya. Don't. Ever. Call me Nyathera. She/them. Nya said in her calm or emotionless way of speaking.

"Aaron Helios. My pronouns are the same as Cabrera's." Stupid face was smiling again.

"My name is Kailani and my pronouns are She/Her." They turned towards the silent kid.

Come to think of it, haven't heard him speak at all. Kailani thought. He made a few signs with his hands which didn't help.

"So... what?" Aaron asked politely. The kid looked a bit annoyed. Nya walked up to him, handed him a pad of paper, and asked him a question quietly.

"He said his name is Souta and his pronouns are He/Them." They all stared at her. "What? I know a bit of sign language. He's mute. Plus I needed to know how he signals his name." Nya said absentmindedly.

"Oh! Makes sense!" Zara smiled. "Hello Souta!" Souta waved back. "Maaaaybe we can say our sexuality too? Yeah?

"Asexual." Nya said bluntly.

"Pansexual." Akumu said a bit sheepishly.

"Pansexual." Zara smiled at Akumu a bit.

"Bisexual." Aaron and Kailani said simultaneously. Aaron smiled like an idiot and Kailani glared.

Souta signed something. "He said he's not sure yet." Nya informed.

"Understandable." Aaron said.

"Well this was fun but I think we should unpack now." Kailani said when there was a gap in the conversation.

"Yeah! We can all talk later! Bye bye!" Zara said before heading to the door Mr. Whatshisface had pointed to for her.

"Yep. See you, later." Aaron gave her another stupid smile before leaving. Ugh. The rest of them disbanded. Kailani walked into her room and collapsed onto her new bed.

This school year's going to be crazy. She decided grimly.