Chapter 16:

Sorry I died for a little while. I was busy while school ended and then I was just uninspired. I will be trying to get back into a regular updating schedule.
Also, Quick warning, there are a few cuss words in this chapter because Ms. Rhea be like that.
(Also also, thanks for over 500 reads! XD)

"How's my beautiful girlfriend?!" The scientist said in a flirty voice.

Ms. Rhea looked up from the book she had been reading and raised her brow. "Screw beautiful! I am freaking brilliant! But, I was perfectly content before Liv arrived." She replied with a smirk. Ms. Rhea had a faint European accent that didn't shine through very often but it was one that Nya loved.

"Bleh!" Liv said sticking her tongue out at her.

"Don't be a child-like asshole."

Liv put her hand to her chest in mock offense and gasped. "Did my handsome, wonderful, truly fantastic girlfriend just call me an asshole?!"

"No. I called you a child-like asshole." Ms. Rhea corrected, wagging her finger slightly. Liv gasped again.

Nya listened to this exchange behind a book shelf with a small smile.

"Nya! Where are you?" She heard Zara yell. She sighed a bit, not because she was unhappy but because she was a little disappointed that this moment would end. It had been a simple, happy moment.

And Nya had a lot on her mind.

Her feelings for Zara were getting worse and worse. Zara was either naturally very touchy or perhaps, maybe, possibly, (hopefully,) the feelings Nya had for her were neutral.

Maybe.

Possibly.

And, more importantly, her mind was screaming with questions about this stupid, dumb, old, isolated, shady, crooked-in-its-frame place. Such as, what was going to happen after the school year ended? Were they gonna have to come back next year? Or were they going to be murdered in a ditch?! Like what the effing potato was this about?!

Potato?

Eh. Whatever.

And if they somehow managed to survive all of this, what would their lives look like? Would they be allowed to go have a family and a basic life? Or, would they immediately have to step up as the leaders of the world and be like ''Guess what? We lead all of you now! Surprise! No more democracies or theocracies or whatever! Just six rando kids leading you into oblivion!"

They would be dead before they got to the "surprise"

Souta suddenly appeared out of nowhere. He was good at that.

You okay? He signed, while having a faintly concerned expression on his face.

"Yeah, I guess." Souta raised an eyebrow. "I'm fine! Totally fine! Nothing wrong here! Nope! Never!" Nya replied very convincingly.

Is it some... attraction troubles? It took a moment for Nya to realize what he was 'saying'.
She really needed to freshen up on her sign language.

"Oh! Uh... no. No. I'm fine. Let's get back to the others." Nya really did want to tell him but it just wasn't the time. Will the time ever come? As if a replying to her internal question, Souta shrugged and began to walk back.

The others were talking about the lab Kai and Akumu found and how they got caught and blah, blah, blah, blah. Nya wasn't in the mood for this. But then Zara walked over to stand next to her.

"Don't you think Ms. Rhea and the mad scientist lady are super cute together?" Zara whispered with a small smile. Nya got those stupidly, stupid tingles in her stomach.

"Uh, well I would use a word other than 'cute' but yeah." Zara laughed and Nya looked at her and smiled. She couldn't help it. She was always out-of-it whenever Zara laughed. She didn't even notice Ms. Rhea eyeing them out of the corner of her eye.

Ms. Rhea was kinda the opposite of the traditional librarian. Traditional librarians were normally old, white, kind ladies who would help you by giving you wise advice or something. Ms. Rhea was more likely to help you by punching someone in the teeth.

Ms. Rhea had dark skin and amber eyes. She wore a black leather jacket and fingerless gloves and she had the personality to match.

To put it simply: she looked awesome.

While Nya and Zara were talking Ms. Rhea and the scientist (Liv) joined their group. At some point, Aaron had walked over and to them and began talking. He must have mentioned something about these ancient leaders that were so very fascinating and overall amazing because Ms. Rhea then said, "Oh, yes. Zara is the heir of Horacio, the god of death and time and Nya is heir of Azaria, the goddess of war, fire, and love." Ms. Rhea finished right before Liv budding in to say "Fun fact! Azaria was documented as being the final surviving god during the Great Purge! The official order of the Powers' deaths is Arsenio, Baia, Cirocco, Horacio, Aonanin, and finally, Azaria. Although, there is no actual explanation of how she died-" Liv's rambling was cut of by Ms. Rhea clamping her hand over Liv's mouth.

"Wait, so I'm the heir to some love goddess while this personification of a freaking rainbow-" Nya gestured towards Zara. "Is the heir to Hades?!"

"Yep. Pretty much. Get used to it." Ms. Rhea said, finally releasing Liv who looked like she really wanted to correct Nya on her "Hades" comment.

"How did the Great Purge start?" Kai asked, narrowing her gaze while looking at the two adults.

Liv opened and closed her mouth for several seconds, her gaze darting around them, occasionally lingering on Aaron. Ms. Rhea seemed just as speechless before saying, "That would be a question for another day. Goodbye!" She then shuffled to her office at the back of the library with Liv.

"Well, that was impossibly unhelpful ." Akumu observed.

"You can say that about a hundred times." Kai groaned. Aaron shook his head in agreement.

"Oh, I love those two! Can we go back to the dorms? It's time to draw ship art!" Zara grinned excitedly.