Ch.38 - Second Chance

Your eyes fluttered open, arms and legs stretching to their sides against your soft sheets. For a quick moment, you almost forgot about everything going on because of how comfortable you were.

    But then as you blinked and adjusted to the light coming in from the large window, you were able to see the way that Kylo was digging through your belongings, placing them into the open suitcase on the ground beside him. And it all came back to you.

    The kidnapping, your safety, the overall feeling of impending doom...You were going out of town in a few hours to hide away from the mafia boss who planned to kill you. Right.

    "Hi." You murmured softly, watching the rushed and concentrated way that Kylo was gathering items, packing for you.

    "Good morning..." He mumbled quietly, barely even glancing back at you as he did so. "Coffee's on the kitchen table. I was just about to wake you up, we need to go soon." Kylo explained. His tone was calm despite everything and somehow it did make you feel better. He always had that ability.

    You sat up, pulling your blanket up around you as you did so. You were shaking and you weren't sure if it was from the cold air of the morning or from the nerves that you felt for everything the two of you were going to attempt to accomplish.

    Kylo looked back at you as he tossed your phone charger into the suitcase. "Actually, stay put, baby. I'll bring it to you." He offered, noticing the anxious look on your face and the way you were holding yourself tightly. It didn't matter what was on his mind, he would always automatically take care of you, even if he didn't realize it.

    Kylo went into the kitchen and after a moment he was back in the bedroom with you, handing you a slightly steaming cup and a granola bar. "If you can't eat that, you can wait until we get on the plane but I do want you to have something. You didn't eat anything last night." He told you, knowing that it wasn't easy to force yourself to eat when you were worked up but he didn't want your hunger to make you feel worse.

    You knew you wouldn't be able to keep anything down, you were already nauseous. But you did attempt to take a drink of the coffee, desperate for some sort of normalcy. You watched as he began gathering again. "How do you know what to pack?" You teased him.

    "I know you." He replied, distracted by the task at hand. He bent down to zip it up, grabbing it so that he could set it up on it's wheels. "I already got my things together so we'll go as soon as you're ready."

    "Okay." You said, taking a deep breath. You weren't sure if you'd ever be ready to flee your home to hide from Snoke but there was no other option. This was your life now.

    You supposed that the gentle hum of the private plane soaring through the sky should've brought you some calmness, some relief. But it didn't. You were thinking too much about where you might be going, how long you'd be there, if everything would work out.

    You trusted Kylo and you knew he was doing his best to keep you and him safe. But this wasn't something to take lightly. Snoke tried to kill you. He almost did. You couldn't help but wonder what he'd do to Kylo and the knights if he was aware that you were all running away and hiding together, plotting behind his back...

    It didn't exactly help that Kylo was extremely grumpy and on edge while Ushar and Vicrul were the opposite. They were really treating this entire thing like a fun little vacation because in a way, that's what it was for them. It wasn't even noon and they had already popped a bottle of champagne and were yelling like rowdy frat boys.

    "Here you go, little girl. Cheer up." Ushar said to you, elbowing you teasingly before handing you a glass of the alcohol that they just opened.