Ch.21 - Everything

Beep. Beep. Beep.

    You groaned and grabbed the pillow out from under your head, pressing it on your face so that you could cover your ears with it, trying to drown out the sound. "Turn it off." You muttered, reaching a hand out to touch the body next to yours to get their attention.

    Kylo's eyes were blinking, waking up. His mind processed the sound of his alarm mixed with the way you were grabbing at him. He reached over and silenced the 'beeping', giving you what you wanted.

    "What time is it?" You asked, moving the pillow away from your face and back under your head.

    Kylo glanced at his phone. "Five."

    "What the fuck?" You hissed, that was way too early for you. You couldn't remember the last time you were awake at five in the morning.

    "Go back to sleep." He told you before moving so that he could wrap his arms around you, pressing your back against the front of him, spooning you.

    You wanted to continue to be grumpy with him for waking you up but feeling the way that he was against you with his face buried against the back of your neck, forced you to relax with a sigh.

    "It's so early." You whined, putting your hands on top of his that were resting around you.

    "I know it is." He said sympathetically. His voice was deep with sleep as he placed a kiss against the bare skin on your shoulder. "I have a long day today."

    You were already starting to doze off again, feeling so comfortable with him so close to you. "What do you have to do?"

    "A truck with some things that belong to the mob was never unloaded last night when it should've been. We have to run around today and figure out what went wrong." He explained with a yawn.

    You were surprised that he actually told you. Whenever you'd ask Hux, he'd blow you off. Even in your half asleep state, your heart thumped at the idea that Kylo trusted you enough to tell you. "Run around and beat some people up, you mean?" You asked, your fingers moving across his arms.

    Kylo hummed at that question, kissing from your shoulder to your neck. "Something like that." He mumbled against your skin. "Daddy will be out there breaking some bones, killing some people, putting in work. And you'll just be in my bed, fast asleep...You're so spoiled." He teased you in his deep morning voice.

    You smiled at that, moving in closer against him. "Hey, I put in work last night." You reminded him. Although the most movement you really did was crawl across his floor, the mental and otherwise physical toll on your body had exhausted you. It was tiring to open yourself up to him like that even if you enjoyed it.

    "You did, I'm proud of you." Kylo agreed, understanding that it had been a big deal for you to do all of that with him.

    Your skin warmed up at that. Even though he always said things like that during sex, hearing compliments and praise from him outside of it made you nervous in the best way. It was new, he didn't used to do that, you realized.

    The two of you laid tangled in each other's arms for a while, wrapped up in each other and in his comfortable black blanket. You were almost asleep again when he sighed and moved away from you reluctantly. He was going to fall back asleep too if he didn't get up now and you were so warm, he could lay there all day and listen to the sounds of the city outside of the tall building with you.

    As he sat up on the edge of the bed and ran his hands over his face, you turned so that you were laying on your back and watching him. It was still surreal to you that you were like this with Kylo. You hated him so much when you first met him. And really, a part of you still did have a hatred for him, you always would, because you were stubborn and selfish and he was making you break those habits. It wasn't easy.