Ch. 42- New Year

(Warnings: acts and descriptions of violence)

"Hm. Well," You shrugged, unable to stop the slow smirk that was making its way onto your face. "Surprise."

Hux was definitely surprised.

Hearing about your "death" had affected him though he'd never admit that to you now. He kept up a good front when the movers cleared your apartment out but once he was alone in the empty walls, he had collapsed against the floor and cried.

Hux didn't miss you, necessarily. When he thought about your death he wasn't sad that you were going to be gone. But he was mourning the loss of what could have been. It all could have been so simple, so perfect for him.

It was never supposed to go this way.

But, shit happens. And right now you were going to do your best to make sure that shit was fixed in your favor.

"What are you doing here?" Hux seethed, his face growing red at the embarrassment he felt and the shock of it all. He hated when someone was able to pull one over on him and you majorly have.

    "What does it look like?" You asked him, your gun not wavering. You knew you needed to just shoot him, get it over with.

    Hux laughed humorlessly and bitterly. "You're delusional. What do you think you'll accomplish?"

    You had no time to tell him."That doesn't concern you. You won't be around to see it, anyways."

    Hux supposed he should've seen this coming. There were many things he liked about you. Your smile, your ability to fit in no matter the situation, your infectious laugh, the way you looked on his arm...

    But one of the things he hated about you was your stubbornness.

    He should have known that you wouldn't have gone down so easily.

"If you didn't have a gun in my face I would maybe even find this endearing...the way you think you're one of us. You have no idea what this life is like." Hux told you. His glare was set on you, going in between you and the weapon, trying to find a moment of weakness to make a move.

    This thought occurred to you for the first time. Were you one of them? You weren't a made man, you would never be let into the mafia officially (especially not now). But at this point, you had probably been involved in more business than most low-ranking ranking men.

    Hux had no idea about everything you had done behind his back. He wouldn't even recognize you if he knew. He definitely didn't recognize you now with the determined look in your eyes and the gun pointed in his direction.

    "No, Hux. You have no idea." You told him, moving closer. "There's so much that you don't know. And you're going to die ignorant."

    Hux's jaw clenched, hands flexing in the air. Not only was the current situation maddening but he hated when you made him feel stupid. Everything about this made him feel like a fool. "You're making a big mistake here. You can get rid of me but you'll get killed afterward. Just like Ren."

    You tried not to flinch at that, doing your best to keep your composure so that you didn't give him the satisfaction.

    "What are you talking about?" You asked. This was taking too long. You would've just shot him then but now he was bringing up Kylo dying and you just couldn't bring yourself to get rid of him before you got the information.

    Hux's lips twitched up in a bit of a smirk, pleased by your reaction. Now, you were the fool. "If Ren's alive tomorrow morning, I'll be very surprised. The plan is already in motion, it doesn't matter if I'm here or not. He's going to die."