Ch.2 - Have a Good Day

*Warning: There's some sex(y) scenes in this one.

If you are getting sick of the art/college/painting talk that has been going on in this story, don't worry. After most of this chapter, it'll die down. Your art is just the way that you and Kylo will originally connect. Stay with me ;)

It was easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of the city during lunchtime. People of all ages and classes were rushing on the sidewalk, wanting to make sure that they got back to their duties in time when their lunch break was over. Shoulder brushes and awkward glances were the norm, it was what had to be done to get through the crowd.

That's why it wasn't surprising when you ran almost directly into someone as you passed a coffee shop on the corner. It was surprising though, that the person in question was Kylo.

You weren't sure if he looked more gorgeous like this or in the perfectly tailored suit that he had on at dinner. Today he was wearing a loose fitting black shirt that showed off his arms and dark jeans, his long hair tussled from the wind.

"Oh, hi." You said, almost awkwardly. You were usually so articulate and in control, especially around men, but something about Kylo made you almost weak in the knees. It was so stupid, you thought.

Kylo lowered his sunglasses from his eyes, as if he needed to look past them to identify who was speaking to him. As if the tall man hadn't been pacing around the area for the past 30 minutes just so that he could specifically run into you.

After he had dinner with you and Hux, Kylo came to the conclusion that you would be a very useful pawn within this game. Or...you would be useless and either way, it wasn't the worst part of his day to be around a woman who looked like you did. He remembered that you said you went to Columbia and it was nice out. He thought if he walked around the school for enough time, he'd eventually see you. It was a reach of a plan but somehow, it worked, as if he were able to sense that it would.

"Oh look who it is. How are you?" He said casually, shifting slightly towards you when someone ran into him.

It was loud and it was crowded. You squinted at him, "What did you say?" You yelled over the sound of someone telling the two of you to 'move'.

Kylo rolled his eyes, realizing that the two of you were becoming road blocks. He glanced around, locating an empty enough area across the street. He put his hand on the small of your back and tilted his head towards the unoccupied bench under a few trees, wordlessly asking if you'd rather join him over there.

You were astounded but gave a small nod before starting to head in that direction. You noticed that he stayed close at your side, his hand still on your back as you navigated through the throng of people. The contact made your heart race. Men were hardly allowed to look at you because of Hux, let alone touch you, even if it were innocent (or was it?), you weren't used to this. It felt like you were breaking a rule.

Almost instantly it became quiet and calm once you were away from the stream. "I hope you weren't in a rush to get somewhere." Kylo said to your with an apologetic smile, looking down at you.

Where had you been going? You could hardly remember, he was so close to you. You checked the time on your phone. "Oh...No, I have a while before my next class. It's so nice out, I was just getting some fresh air."

There were a few beats of silence between you two. 'What are we doing?' You thought to yourself. It had been surprising to see him but there wasn't anything for the two of you to talk about, it was almost awkward in your eyes.