[9]

✅Revised

Okay I just wrote something quite good in the next chapter 🙃 ( at least I hope so but I'm happy about the outcome so far )

Hyunjin walked home alone.

He walked alone at school the next day as well, Changbin and Minho had left the table before he could even enter the cafeteria in the morning and Chan was no where to be found. Random people he new talked to him, some congratulating him for the little scene the other day, others mocking him for the outcome.

Hyunjin didn't know if it hurt more that he had ruined everything with Seungmin or if he wasn't the one sending him notes.

The messenger.

Hyunjin felt so dumb.

He pouted when he opened his locker, looking throught the few notes he got that day, obviously not finding that day's note.

Not that he cared.

He found himself willing to trade anything in the world, even those stranger's notes that made his day, to be able to talk to Seungmin at that moment. The sweet words made his day but Seungmin's smile made his week. He finally understood what made the stranger have such sweet thoughts, that feeling that kept him alive and killed him at the same time.

He was in love.

With Kim Seungmin.

—————

"You came here to insult me again?"

Hyunjin bit his lip and sat in front of Seungmin, seing the way the younger frowned as soon as he entered the almost empty classroom. He was, once again, writing something on his notebook, his tongue sticking out and eyes narrowed.

"N-no."

Seungmin looked up, without locking eyes with the taller.

"Seems to be your favourite activity, that and using slang."

Hyunjin closed his eyes and scoot closer to the table.

"I'm sorry.", like that he caught the younger's atention. "I'm sorry that I was such an idiot, sorry that I assumed it was you and tried to get away with it publicly. I was just being a pussy, I was scared, which is obviously no excuse, and I shouldn't have called you....", he pressed his lips on a thin line and got a hold of Seungmin's hand, making the younger slightly jump on his seat. He rubbed his thumb on it's back." I can't have you mad at me, Minnie, please I promisse I'll do anything."

Seungmin had to use all of his strenght to not throw himself at the adorable guy in front of him right there and then. He squeezed his hand before pulling away, pretending to be unbothered even though his heart was screaming the exact opposite.

"Just don't do that shit again, or any shit in general, you're in a one strike situation.", the younger glared at him as the long haired nodded fiercely.

"I promisse. God, Thankyou, Seung."

Hyunjin got up and went around the table, hugging Seungmin from behind, around his shoulders. The younger stiffened and prayed that Hyunjin's hand wasn't feeling his heart since it was right over it. The older used his chance and placed a soft kiss on top of the boys head, sniffing the lemon scent and humming in approval. He then waved at the guy as he left for his seat, knowing people would be arriving soon, almost freacking out, still not believing what he had done.

—————

"Are you ignoring me?"

"What do you think?"

Hyunjin whispered back at Jisung, knowing there was only one way to make the younger listen to him.

"If you give me 10 seconds I'll buy you cheesecake."

The squirrel featured guy looked over at him, pondering.

"Okay, starting now."

Hyunjin sighed and thanked whoever had invented cheesecake.

"I'm really really sorry, I don't think you can even begin to imagine how much. You guys know I'm not a homophobe and I never do this kind of comments but ai was just scared and freacking out and. I ended up saying the first thing that came to mind which was a total lack of respect and-"

"It's over, I'm not convinced."

Hyunjin let his lips fall into a deep pout as he saw his friend turn back to the teacher.

"I-I'm sorry, t-then."

Jisung observed the boy from the corner of his eye, feeling his chest tighten.

"Alright, tell me just one thing before I forget that ever happened." Hyunjin immediatly sat straight and nodded quickly. "This isn't the first time a guy hits on you and yet it is the first time you get all worked up about it.", Hyunjin gulped, playing with his hands. "What if Seungmin actually were to like you?", his heart sprinted at the thought. "What's diferent about him and the others?"

Hyunjin saw nothing but curiosity in his friend's eyes, which was even worse than the slight chance Chan had let it slip and Jisung was mocking him because he knew. It was even worse like this because he knew he would catch his friend by surprise, and a big surprise.

He took a deep breath, ready to let hell break lose.

"It's different because all those other times it made no difference to me, but Seungmin does."

"Why?", Jisung furrowed his brows." Because he is from our group?"

"N-no."

"Then why, Hwang?"

"Because..." he bit his lip and looked down to his lap. "I m-might like him."

Jisung took a while to comprehend what he had just been told.

"You like Seungmin?"

Hyunjin nodded, signaling him to speak low, since the classroom was quiet.

"I think so.", he shrugged. "Okay, I know so."

Jisung's mouth dropped.

"Weren't you straight?"

Hyunjin felt himself burn.

"I-"

"Oh my god, you're blushing, you really like him!"

"Calm down please."

Jisung let out a soft chuckle, starting to understand the whole situation. As he was about to say something else the teacher called the guys, warning them about the noise.

Hyunjin silently thanked her, hoping Jisung would keep his mouth shut, at least when talking to Seungmin, and opened his notebook, almost screaming as he saw the small note folded between the pages.

How had it even gotten there?

I heard what you said yesterday, of course. What if I am a guy? Burn this if you want to, I'm only a few days away so I'll finnish this anyway.

I love your mole, that's it, everything about it is beautiful and makes me smile.

M

Hyunjin let his eyes widen, a bit worried by how harsh this one seemed. But he knew he deserved it. He stared at the paper as a smile grew on his face, ha was lucky there even was a note today, after all. He folded it again, lifting the case of his phone and keeping it there as usual, not noticing Jisung's funny gaze.

The squirrel boy locked eyes with Seungmin and smiles, mouthing a "done", then he turned back to the teacher.

This was going to be funnier than he had imagined.