Chapter 3

"What's that?" Wang Yibo asked.

"Soup. Good for hang over." Xiao Zhan smiled and placed it on the small table.

Wang Yibo took the bowl of soup. "Thank you."

"It's already 4 in the morning. Will you still go home or go straight to work?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"Why go to work when I can just stay here and be pampered by you." Wang Yibo replied and took a sip from the bowl.

"Ha?? What did you say?"

"You can go to work. I'll just stay here and sleep."

"Are you still drunk?"

"Do I look like it?" Wang Yibo tilted his head.

"Won't your father look for you?"

"I don't care."

"I can see that... Alright. I'll just wait for the time and get ready for work."

"How much trust do you give strangers? I could rob you. We're not close. You could've just threw me out of here if I said I wanted to stay."

"You? Rob me? What can you rob? You're much richer than me. Plus, you drank yesterday, you'd definitely sleep. I don't know how long but at least 3 hours."

"Tch" Wang Yibo laughed a little. "Stupid."

"Why'd you drink anyway?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"What about you? Why were you out there in the middle of the night?" Wang Yibo returned the question.

"My sister's birthday is coming. I didn't have time to go shopping in the morning and I had to do the work I have to do if I take a 3 day leave. I went for a round at those 24 hour stores."

Wang Yibo sadly smiled. "How does it feel like to receive a gift?"

Xiao Zhan's expressions changed immediately. He noticed Wang Yibo's sad eyes. Xiao Zhan didn't know how to answer the question so he just stayed quiet.

"Is your relationship with your brother that terrible?" Xiao Zhan asked. It has always been a rumor around the company that the brothers don't have a good relationship.

"Almost like we're not brothers."

Xiao Zhan's phone rang. "Speaking of brothers... I'm about to get scolded."

"How come you know if that's your brother. You didn't even check your phone."

"No one wakes up this early in the morning other than him. I have to take this." Xiao Zhan walked a few meters away from Wang Yibo and accepted the call.

"Did you buy a gift?" Zhoucheng asked.

"No--- listen. I really didn't have time for a daytime shopping."

"Declining a few works is fine. I sent money to your account. There's a nearby shop at your place. I heard from Lu-jie that she wanted a bag. I'll send you a picture of it."

"But what if---"

"There's no 'what if'. Who the hell is your boss? I can ask a week leave for you. Give me his contact."

"Aiyah! Fine! Fine! I'll go shop later."

"Be sure to fi----"

Xiao Zhan ended the call. He looked at Wang Yibo and found out that he was also looking at him. Xiao Zhan smiled and wanted to talk more with Wang Yibo. But as soon as he sat beside Wang Yibo his phone buzzed again. It was a voicemail. He played it.

"YOU DARE PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME?! I'LL KILL YOU ONCE YOU GET HERE!" Zhoucheng's voice was unexpectedly loud.

Xiao Zhan was also shocked to hear that. "Dang..."

Wang Yibo cracked up.

Xiao Zhan blinked at him.

"Such a man like you. HAHAHAH h--how can you look like a scared bunny after being yelled at?" Wang Yibo cracked up even more. "I'm sorry--- HAHHAHAHA I-- I can't hold it. AHAHAHAH"

Xiao Zhan had to wait for Wang Yibo to stop laughing. "Sorry. I really am." Wang Yibo apologized.

"Why do you all call me a bunny?" Xiao Zhan wondered.

"Have you ever brushed your teeth? Then you must know that you have bunny teeth. It's really rare to see a man like you."

Xiao Zhan thought of something for a second. "If I'm a bunny then you're a cub."

"Why a cub?" Wang Yibo sat properly. He seemed to be interested.

"You're cool but at the same time cute. For those that haven't seen your comfortable side they'd think of you as a scary lion."

Wang Yibo's smiling face suddenly disappeared.

"Did I say something?" Xiao Zhan he asked, panic was obvious. He was afraid he might have offended someone not to mention the CEO's son.

Wang Yibo sadly smiled again. "Thinking of friends. I don't have any. You're the only one who saw me this way."

Xiao Zhan took his phone and after just a few seconds he showed it to Wang Yibo. It was a QR code in WeChat. "Let's be friends then."

Wang Yibo's eyes sparkled. He gladly took his phone and scanned the QR code. Looking at his phone, he couldn't believe he could finally talk to someone. "Thank you!" He smiled at Xiao Zhan.

==> ==>

Xiao Zhan went to work while Wang Yibo really just stayed in his apartment. 

"Why is he here?" Xiao Zhan asked his co-worker when he saw Haoxuan.

"I was about to ask the same thing." His co-worker replied.

Xiao Zhan didn't mind and went inside. When he passed by Wang Haoxuan, he found out that he was trying to contact someone. Xiao Zhan stayed quiet and passed by like he had no clue about anything. After a few minutes, Wang Haoxuan left.

On the other hand. Wang Yibo turned his phone off and slept for a few hours. When he woke up, he knew Haoxuan gave up on finding him. He opened his phone again and played a few games. He never left the sofa for the half day. His phone buzzed.

"Did you eat?" Xiao Zhan messaged.

Wang Yibo realized it was already lunch. He stared at the message. Someone.... Asked me if I ate.... He smiled. A tear fell from his eyes. He felt so warm inside of him. "No." He replied.

"Why not? There's a bunch of food on the shelf."

By this time, Wang Yibo lost it. He cried. Someone cares... "I don't know how to cook."

Xiao Zhan called. Wang Yibo accidentally pressed a button and the call was accepted. It was a video call, Xiao Zhan intended to instruct him but unexpectedly he saw Wang Yibo's swollen eyes.

Xiao Zhan's eyes widened. "Are you okay?"

Wang Yibo directed the camera somewhere else for a while and wiped his tears off. He showed himself again. "I'm fine."

"If you say so. Go to the kitchen."

"Ah? Why?"

"Just go..." Xiao Zhan instructed him. He told him where the food was, he told him how to prepare it and how to cook it. They had several confusions while talking to each other but Wang Yibo still succeeded to cook his lunch.