Chapter 10

Rumors were spread in the main building but none of the family members heard anything.

Haoxuan's assistant heard some but he thought it would be better if neither of them knew.

Wang Yibo went straight to the office and did his thing. He was starting to get lazy even though there were just a few of it. He kept spinning with the chair, he will stop when he gets dizzy but then does it again after his dizziness disappears.

Someone knocked on the door. "Excuse me sir."

He immediately fixed his appearance. "Come in."

It was Haoxuan's assistant. Yibo raised an eyebrow when he saw him. He wondered why was he here.

"Sir... I... I have something to ask." He kept his head low.

Yibo slacked on the chair knowing that it was Haoxuan's assistant. "Go on."

"Everyone has been wondering why you suddenly disappeared for a long time."

"Why do you care?" Wang Yibo stared.

Haoxuan's assistant kept his eyes to the ground. "Mr. Haoxuan shouldered all the passed files to you. Some were irritated and others were pitying Mr. Haoxuan..." He paused, he was a little reluctant. "And.. sir, there have been a bunch of rumors in the building. I was thinking not to tell anyone in your family about this but... I think it would be best if things would be cleared."

"What were the rumors? No wonder everyone was looking at me like a ghost." Wang Yibo replied casually.

"Would you like to hear the negative or the positive ones sir?"

"Start with the negative."

"Some said that Mr. Haoxuan beat you up. Some said, the CEO did..." He continued telling countless rumors. "As for the positive ones, some of us thought that you were planning to start your own."

"Am I that evil?" Wang Yibo stared at the window. "No one gives a fuck." He sighed. "The only true shit there was that I ran away from home. Those rumors should stop."

Haoxuan's assistant bowed and was about to leave.

"Jiyang."

"Sir?" Song Jiyang turned back to him.

"Tell my brother I just went somewhere. Tell him not to look for me."

"Yes sir." He left and did what he was told.

Wang Yibo took the bag in his shelf. It was a set of his casual clothes. He went into the small room within the office and changed his clothes. That room was supposed to be their resting area, he left his suit on the bed.

He went for a little stroll and bought different kinds of candies. He bought 2 packs for each candy that he found. He went back into the office. Everyone stared at him again, he had a cap on, a lollipop in his mouth, and a plastic bag filled with a bunch of candy packs. He changed back into his clothes and just stuffed his clothes back into the bag.

==> ==> ==>

After work, Wang Yibo went home and was greeted by their mother.

"You're back." She smiled. She was looking for words. She didn't know how to start it.  "Can we have a talk?"

Wang Yibo thought she'd lecture about him leaving the house. "No." He walked to his room, right before he could open the door...

"I had a good breakfast." She said.

Wang Yibo looked at her.

"Can we have a good talk?" She smiled. Wang Yibo nodded his head.

"Do you think I can make up for that 20 years?" She spoke with sincerity.

He nodded with a little smile.

She hugged him. "I'm sorry. Sorry for being irresponsible..."

Wang Yibo cried. I can't believe I'm as fragile as a child... Crying over a hug.

She also cried. She apologized repeatedly. After the two of them balled their eyes out, they got into a normal conversation.

"Where did you go when you left home?"

"I have a friend who was willing to take me in." Wang Yibo had a smile when he said that sentence.

"He must be a good friend. Befriending you even though you looked scary." She joked.

Wang Yibo laughed along. "Actually, he was the one who taught me how to cook. He taught me how to cook because sometimes he didn't have time to cook." He remembered the day where Xiao Zhan came home and flicked his finger on him because he didn't eat breakfast. "He even scolded me when he discovered I wasn't eating breakfast." Wang Yibo chattered nonstop about Xiao Zhan.

"You seem to like him very much. What's his name?" She knew something was on. From the way that Wang Yibo spoke, everyone would know he has a crush on that person.

"His name is Xiao Zhan." He replied with a smile. "Oh ! You're a fan of Lulu Xuan right??"

"How do you know? I don't remember talking about her."

"You always post about her."

Three question marks appeared on his head. "Do I?" Her face turned into guilt and she laughed awkwardly. "What's about her?"

"She is Zhan-ge's sibling. I met her in person."

"You what??? You're so lucky to be able to meet a celebrity you know? Why didn't you take pictures for me?" She spoke rapidly.

"I can ask Zhan-ge to invite her again."

"Oh please do!!"

The key to a happy family is to be open and understanding.  If I met him earlier, would I have had more time with my family? I don't regret running away...

==> ==> ==>

When the night fell, Wang Yibo called Xiao Zhan again and told him everything. Zhan was very delighted to talk to him. At the end of each day, they would tell each other how their day went. And it was always Xiao Zhan who ends the call because Wang Yibo would fall asleep.

Wang Yibo decided to go to the building where Xiao Zhan is. Unlike the other time, he went there with his suit. He kept a cool profile.

This was the first time that Wang Yibo entered with such a noticable look. He was handsome, he looked so manly with the suit. A lot of them drooled over him.

Their groupchat had continuous notifications. Everyone was talking about Yibo. Xiao Zhan, as usual, had his phone on silent. But Ji Li stormed him.

"Zhanzhan! Zhanzhan! Look." Ji Li showed some of the pictures that the other employees took.

Xiao Zhan wasn't looking at first but Ji Li said he just had to look for a second.

"Aiyah. What are you guys chattering about again-----" Xiao Zhan's eyes almost popped out. "Who's that?" He opened his phone and read through the messages. While looking at the pictures that had the same thing, he didn't notice that Ji Li already left. What's worse, he didn't notice that Wang Yibo was behind him.

"Do you think I'm handsome?" Wang Yibo asked.