Chapter 16

✧༺Aurora༻✧

"I'm not so sure about this Koda." I say hesitantly as we stand in front of the cage that held the beast.

"You'll be fine warrior Aurora." He chuckles.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I've done this many times and the others are okay so you will be too."

"Okay...But you'll he here the whole time right?"

"Of course."

"I'll be here rooting for you too girl!" Kiara pulls me into a hug.

I laugh, "Thanks."

Soon enough I was in the fighting circle and so was the cage that contained something fierce and could possibly rip me to shreds.

"Are you ready Aurora?" Koda asked from the steps.

"Y-Yes?" It came out more like a question then a actual response.

"Open the cage!" He ordered Hunter who had the key.

Quickly, he followed his orders and opened the cage before running out of the circle.

"You're on your own lassie!"

I take a deep breath as a low growl emits into the air. Soon a dark colored wolf lunges at me.

"Shit!" My body quickly moves to the side, causing the wolf to skid across the ground.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I turn to Koda.

"A rogue wolf is the most unstable creature in the world, they're unpredictable and perfect for a good fight." 

It snarls at me as I start to maneuver around slowly in attempt to get the drop on him. The wolf makes a run at me again but this time I don't move, instead I land a kick onto it's face. I smile in victory when the mutt starts to stumble in order to gain balance again.

"Nice Aurora." Jaxon praises me.

Looking around I see a few weapons that I've never seen before hang on the wall.

"Can I use them?"

"Of course, but choose wisely." I nod and head towards the wall.

I guess the rogue saw were my gaze was focused on because the next thing I know he jumps in front of me. Growling lowly I feel Mileena start to claw at the back of my head.

'Let me at the bastard.'

I shake my head and let my eyes blink back to their original color. The only way for me to defeat this thing is to rely on my own abilities, not my wolf. This time I make a run towards the creature and pounce on it's back.

"What the fuck?!" I hear Zach yell in shock.

My body swayed back and forth while it tried to find a way to get me off his rough fur. Suddenly a howl of pain was heard when I place my palms on either side of the wolf's head and burn it slightly. Moments later I am tossed on the ground harshly. I blink hazily before looking at the scared beast who retreated back to the cage. Cheers erupted around me making me smile happily.

I did it.

The guys all rush over to me and engulf me in a tight embrace.

"That was fucking awesome!" Chase laughed.

"I knew my girl could do it." Kiara winked.

"Beginner's luck." Hunter scoffed making me roll my eyes.