Chapter 3

♛┈Jaxon┈┈•༶

I stared at Aurora as she slept peacefully besides me. It took a lot or effort to convince her to sleep with me, at first she refused but when she heard the first crack of thunder come from outside then she instantly snuggled next to me. I didn't mind at all, she was my mate and the most cutest thing I have ever seen. But what worried me most is that she won't be able to adapt to pack life since she's scared of almost every little thing but I couldn't blame her, she's been through a lot.

It was a little after dawn when I finally decided to get up and do a little work. Slowly I tried to remove Aurora from my chest but I guess she didn't like that because the next thing I know she whimpered loudly before clutching onto me even tighter.

"Baby." I sigh.

I really needed to go.

"Please? I have to do some work."

Aurora shakes her head.

"Fine, I guess you could come with me." I lift her up gently and she instantly wrapped her legs around my waist.

Once I made it to my office I carefully lay Aurora down on the small couch in the corner. I figured she wouldn't be up for another hour or so gave me time to do a little research on her.

About two hours later I have searched through countless files and I still couldn't find a single thing about Aurora other then her name which is so helpful. It was like she didn't even exist or wasn't born. Sighing I look over to the couch to find Aurora staring at me with sleepy eyes.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." I smile.

She waves her hand slowly making me chuckle.

"Are you hungry?" I ask and she nodded her head quickly.

"Alright then, let's go get you something to eat." I get off my chair and grab Aurora's hand, leading her out the room. When we arrived in the kitchen I start to take out pancake mix and eggs.

"Have you ever had pancakes?" Aurora gives me a confused look and I knew what my answer was.

"I guess not."

About thirty minutes later I was done with breakfast. I sat Aurora's plate of pancakes in front of her and without a moment to spare she started to devour it. My eyes widen in shock at the pace she was eating.

Wow, she must be hungry.

"Slow done before you choke little one." I laugh and she looks up at me with a shy grin.

"There's plenty more." She claps her hands in excitement making me shake my head in amusement.

"Jaxon? Where your dumbass at?!" A voice yells from the hallway.

Aurora eyes widen in fear before quickly running behind me for cover.

Shit.

"I'm in the kitchen Zach but please keep your voice down."

He enters the room and gives me a sly smirk.

"Why do I have to be-

Once he notices the small body behind me he immediately nods.

"Oh...I see."

"It's okay baby, he's just my friend." I tell Aurora who peeked out from behind me.

"Hi." Zach waved at her.

Aurora stared at him for a few moments before returning the gesture.