Chapter 20

✧༺Aurora༻✧

I didn't know what came over me as my body pounced on top of Koda. He squirmed in a attempt to escape but my grasp was too strong. Mileena growled at him which immediately caused his struggling to stop.

"Don't you ever doubt my ability to fight or else I'll rip out your throat." I could feel my eyes flicker gold.

"Aurora, your power is taking over." Koda tells me and I scoff.

"Lies!" Quickly my hand wraps around his throat.

His hand hits mines trying to get me to release him but I wasn't fucking having it.

"I've worked my ass off for weeks trying to be the best warrior only for you to push me down and tell me I'm not good enough. Just because your life is so screwed up doesn't me that mines has to be too."

"T-This isn't you talking." He struggles to breath.

"Oh but it is." My grip tightens.

"You need to fight the urges or they'll consume you."

"Why would I do that? This power is exhilarating." This new feeling was overcoming my senses. As if my whole body was on fire but instead it wasn't burning me, it was giving me strength.

"Self control warrior Aurora," He coughs,"You need to learn control of your power instead of it taking over you." At this I laugh.

"Bullshit." I raise my other hand and it engulfed in fire.

"It's been nice knowing you Koda." Soon as I was about to end his life a strong force pushed me off, my body rolling across the dirt.

"What the hell is going on out here?" The sound of Jaxon's voice rang through my ears.

"Her power is overwhelming her." I hear Koda say.

"Baby?" Growling, I stand up and come face to face with Jaxon and the others.

"Why did you stop me?!" My eyes divert towards Kiara.

She looks at me in shock.

"I'm sorry but I wasn't going to let you kill our friend!"

"He insulted me and I will not be a push over anymore for anyone." I could feel my blood boiling and my spine tingling.

I was about to shift.

"Aurora you need to fight the power." Koda takes a step closer to me.

"No, what I need to do is show you who's the fucking boss." Suddenly I make another run at Koda but before I could reach him I'm engulfed in two arms.

"Baby stop." Jaxon whispers.

"Let go of me!"

"No."

Mileena clawed at the back of my head, begging to be let free.

"Hunter, go get the Tuliza."

My eyes widen.

I've heard of that before. It was some type of plant used to calm the nerves and put you into a lucid state. My old Alpha used it on me all the time and I'll be damned if I'd be under it's influence again.

"Don't fucking touch me." I spit when Koda slowly walks over to me with a needle.

"It's okay, no need to be afraid." He tilted my neck to the side while Jaxon held me tight against his chest.

Suddenly I felt a prick against my skin that made my legs  go weak and my head become foggy. Moments later I felt a wave of exhaustion wash over me and then darkness clouded my vision.

//

Blinking hazily I open my eyes only to come in contact with a bright light that hung above me. I have no recollection of what happened after I passed out due to the effects of the plant but what I wasn't expecting was to be strapped down to some sort of table. Struggling against the restraints, I pull hard which causes my skin to get slightly irritated.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A voice speaks out of nowhere.

My head turns to the corner where Koda stood with crosses arms.

"Why did you tie me up?"

"Because you are a danger to yourself and others around you." His voice calm yet firm.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Koda shakes his head.

"You're in denial Aurora."

"If you don't let me loose from these restraints I'll show you just how in denial I am!" I scream.

"Whatever you say will make no difference, I'm not releasing you until your power reaches a low level."

"And if it doesn't?"

"Then get comfortable."

"Koda...You can't leave me like this! I thought we were friends?"

"We are but the effects of your abilities are taking a toll on you causing your body to react on a very dangerous level that is clouding your actions and judgement."

"What are you talking about?"

"All I'm saying is that you need to relax until we figure out a way to fix you unless your body can't repair itself."

"I don't know what you're talking about because I feel fucking amazing."

"These new sensations are flowing through your bloodstream and soon it will consume your mind so you may not know the difference between right and wrong." He frowns.

"Just like Harou." I whisper in realization of what was happening to me. Whatever this power was doing to me wasn't good and not would it bring joy to the others around me, only destruction.

"H-How do we fix it?" Tears start to form in my eyes.

"First we need a sample of your blood which I already took-

"You took my blood?!" I ask in shock.

He nods.

"Yes because I knew if I asked you'd say no. So taking if without your consent was the best option."

"Oh my god."

"Everything will be okay Aurora. The others and I will monitor you in case you try to kill anyone."

"Sorry about that." I blush.

"No need for apologies, I knew you weren't in your right mind."

"Thanks Koda."

"The pleasure is all mines my friend. We'll have everything figured out before the tournament begins and soon your training will be complete." Sighing in relief I take a deep breath.

"Luckily we have a few more weeks until that, right?" I chuckle.

Koda tilts his head.

"I do have a few more weeks, right?"

"Aurora...You were unconscious for three weeks." My eyes widen.

"W-What?"

"Your body was overwhelmed with too much power at once causing it to shut down from exhaustion."

"So when is the tournament?"

His expression turns grim.

"3 days."

//

I'm back! My apologies for the wait, finals are kicking my ass. Shit is about to get real so I'd suggest you hold on tight!

Love you all as always 💓

Make sure to drop a vote and comment.