Chapter 21

✧༺Aurora༻✧

I've been training non stop for the past twelve hours and let me tell you that I'm exhausted. For the most part everyone was afraid as the dreaded tournament started to approach quickly. No one knew what the outcome would look like so that's why we all had to be ready, I has to be ready. Right now I was in the training pit, working on my punches. My fist swing fast as I was trying to build my stamina so my body wouldn't go weak against my opponent.

"You're going to break your hand." Jaxon stated annoyed, sitting on the steps.

"And you're not helping." I growl.

He has been worried ever since I became overloaded with my power so of course his ass wanted to make sure that didn't happen again. But watching my every move was distracting and creepy.

"There's no need to rush this."

I scoff.

"I have three days before all this shit goes down. If I don't train then we have two options, lose or die. And to be honest I'd prefer the first option." His body shifts slightly.

"Look, I know you need to be at your best in order to win but Aurora I don't want you to over exhaust yourself." Now his body was behind mine.

"Jaxon," I sigh, "It's not that easy."

"Then let me h-

"No! You can't help me." I cut him off.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm the chosen one with the arcana and it's my responsibility to defend these people."

"But what about our people? Our pack? We've been gone for almost a month and I don't know how long my beta can take over for me. I'm sorry baby but once this is all said and done we need to go home."

"Then go." I turn away from him.

"What?"

"If you want to be a coward and leave then don't stop on my account! I'm not leaving until I fulfilled my purpose and I know everyone is safe. The pack can deal without a Luna for a little while."

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to leave you with these people." I roll my eyes and continue my punches.

"Well I'm staying and that's final."

He sighs.

"So I can't change your mind then?"

"No." My head shakes.

It was silent for a few moments until he spoke back up.

"Fine, I'll stay but just promise me you won't do anything stupid." Smiling, I turn around and jump into his arms.

"I won't."

"Good, or else I'll have to kill someone and you know I will."

"I'd never doubt it."

"Enough of all these punches and stances, let's work on your runs and jumps. Ready?" He squares up to me.

"What's wrong with my punches?" I cross my arms.

"Nothing it's just that in combat you don't only rely on your fists. Using legs can give you a better advantage because the moves with them are unpredictable while your hand movements can be spotted from a mile away."

"How do you know so much about this?"

"Because I'm an Alpha." He gives me a smug look.

"You're so full of shit." I playfully slap his arm.