Chapter 12

✧༺Aurora༻✧

"When is she going to wake up?!" I hear a voice shout.

"Alpha, the Luna's injuries are very severe so she'll need more time to rest." Another voice speaks.

"More time? She's been unconscious for weeks!"

"I'm sorry Alpha but there's nothing more I can do. The Luna will eventually wake up when she's ready." A loud growl echoes throughout the room.

"Leave."

Suddenly the door closes gently and a hand is placed on mine. I didn't know what was happening right now or where I was but whatever was going on didn't seem good.

"You have to wake up mi amor. I-I don't think I can do this without you." I recognized that soft tone.

Jaxon.

I could hear him but for some reason I couldn't see him.

Ever so slowly I try to move my hand but it was like I couldn't even feel my limbs at all it was as if every bone in my body was numb. My mind tries to put the pieces of what happened to me together that caused this distress but no avail, I couldn't remember anything.

"It was my fault." Jaxon speaks up again, "I should have been quicker to find you but I wasn't...I failed you."

All I wanted to do is shake my head and tell him that I didn't blame him for everything but I was unable to. I've never thought in a million years that I would be this helpless, especially towards my mate.

I couldn't comfort him.

"But don't worry baby, when you wake up and you're out of this hospital bed and back on your feet I promise you that I'll never let you get hurt again." Suddenly a small kisses was placed on my knuckles.

Wait.

I was in a hospital?

Well that would explain my foggy memory and sore body. Although what made this situation even worse is that I didn't have the strength to talk to Jaxon.

'Then fucking try.' Mileena whispers.

How?

'Relax and just focus on your breathing and what drives you to find your strength.'

I do what she says and relax my body, let my blood run calmly. Soon enough I could feel my fingertips move slightly.

"Aurora?" Jaxon whispers.

Moments later my eyes flutter open and I was met with a bright light shining above me.

"Oh my god baby!" I try to move my head over to Jaxon's direction but my neck was stiff. So instead I tried to speak to him but only fragments of letters escaped. My throat was scratchy and felt like sand paper.

"J-Jax."

"Shh, shh, don't speak." He pets my hair softly, "I linked the nurse and she'll be here any second, you scared the hell out of me baby."

I jump when I hear the door burst open loudly.

"Is she awake?!"

I knew that voice.

"What the fuck Zach? Are you trying to put her into cardiac arrest?"

Zach.

"Oh shit, my bad." He laughs nervously.

"Alpha." The nurse enters the room with a clipboard in her hand.

"She just woke up but I'm afraid she might be in shock, can you see what's wrong?" Jaxon asked.