Chapter 8

♛┈Jaxon┈┈•༶

'Mate is upset.' Asher, my wolf whines.

'I think the dinner was a little too much for her.' I tell him.

When me and Aurora arrived at my parents house for dinner she seemed a little uncomfortable but I just thought she was nervous or shy until my mom started asking her personal questions about her childhood and her life before she met me which was a touchy subject for Aurora.

"So tell me about your parents dear, what are they like?" My mom asked Aurora who was picking at her food.

"Um I actually don't k-know my parents." She whispered.

"Oh there must be something you remember! Maybe a story they used to tell you or your favorite toy." Out of the corner of my eye I could see Aurora squirm.

"Mom." I warn.

"What? They're just questions."

"That she doesn't have the answers to."

"Excuse me." Aurora stood up and walked out the dining room.

I sigh and look over to my dad who has a look of concern and regret.

"I didn't mean to upset her."

"Well you clearly did." Roxy snickered.

"Roxanne." My dad snapped.

"Sorry." She mumbled

"I'll go talk to her." Standing up I go to look for Aurora.

I walked down the hallway to see that the bathroom light was on. Walking up to the door I softly knock.

"Baby?"

"P-Please go away." She sniffled.

"Look, my mom was just trying to be nice and I know sometimes she could be a little persistent but she didn't mean to upset you."

"I-I know it's just that I never known my parents and you have both of yours who care while mines are probably dead or something."

"Oh Aurora, I'm sure they loved you very much."

"Then why did they leave me alone in the woods?" Her voice sounded so broken.

"I don't know baby but I love you and so do Zach and my parents so just come out and we could leave if that's what you want." A few seconds later the door opens and I am met with a teary eyed Aurora.

"Won't it be rude if we leave?"

"I'm sure they'll understand."

Nodding her head I grab her hand and walk back into the dining room.

"Is everything okay?" My father asks.

"Actually, Aurora is feeling a little sick so we were going to go home."

"We understand completely son, thank you for coming Aurora."

"I had a nice time."

"Dear, I am so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in any way." My mom apologizes.

"It's not your fault." Aurora yawns making everyone chuckle.

"We better get going." I say.

"See you next time honey."

With that we walk out the front door and towards the pack house.