Chapter 13

✧༺Aurora༻✧

"For centuries, different packs around the world used to have these battles or they reference a great tournament." Jaxon starts, "Of the chosen ones that beared the mark of power."

"C-Chosen one?" I ask puzzled.

"Yes, that mark on your shoulder means you have been chosen to fight along side others like you."

"Fight? This is all making no sense Jax, I've had this mark ever since I was born and no one explained to me what it meant! It's just a birthmark." I say in denial.

Jaxon shakes his head and sighs.

"It's not a birthmark Aurora. It's your symbol of power granted by the moon goddess." I laugh.

"Is he for real?" My head turns to face Zach who looked serious.

"He's right. The moon goddess is like a god of nature, like a spirit. She watches over us."

I blink.

'These people are crazy.' Mileena scoffs.

"Look, this might sound hard to believe but baby it's true. You have a great gift Aurora, this power inside you might be the solution to end this war.

"There's a war?" I ask clueless.

"That rogue wolf didn't attack you for no reason Aurora. It knows who you are and probably now does it's Alpha." I groan

"This is all too much."

"I know it's a lot to take in but if you don't fight then who knows what will happen if this situation gets too out of control. The fate of the pack is in your hands, Aurora." Jaxon gives me a sympathetic look.

"We'll be here to help you." Zach tell me and I nod.

"Where do we start?"

"First things first is we need to get you out of this bed and begin training right away." Zach grins.

"I'm a little sore but I'll manage." Jaxon shakes his head.

"No, you need to rest and then start training later."

"Jax-

I try to argue back but he interrupts me.

"End of discussion." Jaxon gets up and walks out the room.

"Don't worry about him. I'll sure he'll get the stick out of his ass and come around." Zach tries to reassure me.

"He's right, I do need to heal and get better before I can properly fight and it could take some time."

"We don't have time Aurora. The longer we wait then the longer we give those fuckers time to plan a attack that we won't be ready for, you won't be ready for." He growls.

"Then please enlighten me on what the fuck to do Zach! Because right now I'm out of ideas and all this tournament shit is making no fucking sense. Obviously the moon goddess thought wrong about choosing me!" I yell.

Zach smirks.

"What the hell are you smirking for? Didn't you just hear what I fucking said?"

"I did." He shrugs.

"And?"

"Use that anger." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Look at your mark."

I divert my eyes down to what was at first just a circle but now is in the shape of a blue star. My eyes widen in astonishment and shock.