Chapter 25

⋇⋆Harou⋆⋇ 

I slam my hand down in frustration and anger. Weeks have gone by since I last encountered those fools at their precious territory and alas, still have found no weapon to use against them. Everything that I have tried has either been too weak or has not deadly enough. Koda's warriors are strong and they have the upper hand with their abilities. I did however send two of my warriors to go undercover hours ago to gain intel but I haven't heard from them. Sighing, I look through my scroll once again in search of answers.

"My Lord, Azrael wishes to speak with you." One of my guards tells me.

"Let her in." I say, not taking my eyes off the scroll.

Suddenly the sound of footsteps are heard and I feel a presence in front of me.

"Both of your spies are dead," Azrael starts, "And now two of Koda's warriors are on their way to the temple. We must move now your plan is not working."

At this I look up at her, my face becoming stoic.

"Are you questioning my judgement?" My eyes turn black.

Azrael shakes her head quickly in fear as I tower over her.

"I created you." I trace my hand along her jawline.

"I nourished you from nectar, from the source." I grab her by the neck and held her body up.

She gasped for air and tried to remove my hand from her neck but my grip was tight.

"I gave you life!" I scream.

"If you doubt my ways what need do I have for you?" Suddenly, I slam her body to the ground.

Azrael was now on her knees trying to catch her breath.

"My plan will not fail, even if I must to take matters into my own hands...I forgive you." 

I place my arm out for her to grab, she eyes me wearily before taking ahold of it. Once back on her feet, she shakes her head in remorse.

"I'm sorry for doubting you my Lord."

"Good, now run along." I growl.

She nods and quickly walks out of the room.

As you can see, I don't like when people doubt my skills and my way of doing things. I run things around here and whatever looks most pleasing to me will be given a chance to succeed. If that fails then there's always gonna be a back-up plans to make up for the first. Koda may have supernatural beings at his side but what he doesn't know is that I have a few tricks up my sleeve we well. All of them will pay for underestimating me, especially that little fire starter.

"I'm going to make you suffer warrior Aurora," I whisper, "Although this time daddy won't be able to save you...And soon everyone will know why."

//

The sun was setting as me and my clan were walking through the woods. If we wanted to catch those idiots by surprise we needed to act fast and stay hidden, so descending almost at night fall would be best. Not all wolves are the best tracker when it's dark, some have weak points while others don't.

As for my people we've been doing night patrol for years and have successfully perfected it.

Koda may have trained his people for centuries but he doesn't know all the ancient secrets and tactics like I do. My father was one of the greatest warriors of all time and he knew every martial arts move in the  book so there's no way that we'll surrender to defeat. I can't let them win this tenth victory or all hell will break loose and not just by me, the ancient gods.

Their fury will unleash upon all packs if the rules of the tournament are not followed but...What's the point in that?

I can't lose to them.

Not again.

"Master." I look over my shoulder to see Azrael.

"Orion tracked and killed one of Koda's champions but another has escaped." She tells me.

I sigh.

"Have our assassins double their efforts."

"What of Lord Koda? If he discovers we're breaking rules set in stone by the ancient gods-

"Leave the gods to me." I cut her off.

"We didn't win nine tournaments by following the rules." My head snaps to hers.

"Azrael, let's finish this."

My lips curve into a smirk.

"Send in the scorpion."

//

Sorry for the long wait! I had to rewrite this chapter a few times because I was not happy with the way it turned out. Although I hope you all enjoy as always! 🌹

Make sure to vote and comment!

I love you! 💕