Chapter 30

Roman made his way into the kitchen grabbing a glass from the cupboard before making his way over to the fridge grabbing out the pitcher containing a deep red liquid in it. Roman filled his glass before glaring over at the phone that lit up with two missed calls messaged on it. Roman rolled his eyes while grabbing the phone. Leave it to Olivia to want to reach out to the people who don't want anything to do with her what so ever. Oh well. I might as well call her back and humor her. If I try and ignore the fact that she called, it will only add fuel to the fire. And hearing Olivia bitch about stupid shit is not on my agenda today, Roman thought as he sipped from the glass before dialing Olivia's number. Roman sat there waiting for someone to pick up the phone while growing really impatient.

"Oh, Roman darling. This is really quite the surprise. You calling me back," Olivia began but was quickly cut off by Roman.

"Save the damn theatrics for someone who doesn't know that you do that for attention, Olivia. I don't have any time what so ever to go and deal with that kind of bull shit. I want you to get to the damn point of why you called me not once but twice," Roman stated in a stern tone.

"Is it such a crime for a mother to worry about her precious son, whom barely makes any time for her anymore," Olivia asked

"Olivia, I don't think you realize how serious I am right now. Let me make this clear to you; I don't have the time or the patients to be dealing with you or your attention seeking ways. So, you are going to be serious about this; and tell me exactly what it is that you want, or I'm going to hang up and drive to the nearest store, which works with my current cellular plan, and I'm gonna have my number changed, just so I can avoid ridiculous phone calls like these," Roman snapped.

"Fine. Someone is obviously in a bad mood tonight. Anyway that's not the reason I'm calling. Reason why I am calling right now is, because you need to bring Alyse to the White Tower right now and marry her. You won't have to worry about finding someone last minute to perform the ceremony. I can call and make changes for the ceremony," Olivia said.

"Now, why in the actual fuck would I want to go and do something like that? You said everything was set up for us within the coming weeks," Roman said.

Olivia gave out an aggravated sigh. "Roman, I love you so very much. Shoot, you know how to make me a very proud mother, who does nothing but brag to other women about how truly amazing you are. But you're also a stubborn jackass who doesn't seem to take things seriously from time to time. I can assure you that this phone call is not about me looking for an excuse to talk to you. It is most certainly not about me seeking any kind of attention at all darling. This phone call is about making sure that, you don't lose your very much deserved future with your mate by your side."

Roman growled at hearing those words leaving Olivia's mouth. "How dare you speak such lies. My future alongside my mate is not in any danger. You yourself have told me that you had taken care of the issue. You assured me that nobody would find you know who."

"Yeah, well when I told you all of that, I did not anticipate your mate finding another man, having him fall for her...let alone a Rumancek. They are quite stubborn pests that don't leave you alone after you deal with them," Olivia said.

"What does any of this have to do with the Rumancek family," Roman asked confused.

"I'm so glad you asked. It seems that Peter and his precious cousin got a bit curious. I had been at home getting ready to head out for the day, when Peter happens to be standing at my door. At first, I thought he was there to take the money and leave Hemlock Grove for good. But he made his intentions quite clear. Peter wanted me to put an end to the wedding. He seems to have it implanted in his brain that the moment I call off this arranged wedding, he will gain the opportunity to step in and take Alyse for himself. Obviously, I would never allow such a thing to happen. By how Peter was speaking with so much confidence. It was then that it hit me; Peter wasn't doing all of this alone. He made it his job to come knocking on my door to distract me long enough so that his whore of a cousin could go snooping around the White Tower. You should be thanking your lucky stars that Dr. Pryce will do anything when it comes to the White tower, and protecting everything that is hidden there. If word got out that Cornelius Stormnight is still alive, well that would be a hard scandal to come back from. We would lose everything that we have worked so hard to maintain. I won't see anything happen to our source of income," Olivia said.