Chapter 11

Roman rushed over and pulled Alyse into the office before slamming the door shut and pinning her to it. "Where the hell did you go? Are you aware that Anna called me, freaking out, because she couldn't find you anywhere in the house?"

"I had told George that I was going to come and pay you a surprise visit with lunch. When I was halfway to the diner, I thought it would be better if I had come to pay you a visit first before just showing up with food that you might not be happy with. I was trying to make up for all the trouble that I had caused you in the past," Alyse explained.

"I appreciate the gesture of you worrying about what I want. Why didn't you have George go along with you? He could've stopped at a restaurant just to grab something for the both of us to share together," Roman suggested.

"I didn't want to bother him. Both George and Anna do more than enough for us Roman. The least I could do was give him and Anna a little time off. Besides, I thought you would appreciate a little alone time with me," Alyse said.

"Well when you put it that way, then I guess it gives us a bit of time to practice for the honeymoon, that way we can create a little one of our own," Roman suggested wiggling his eyebrows

"Speaking of little ones, when were you going to tell me that you are the father of Letha's baby; were you even going to let me know that your daughter survived the birth, that killed her mother," Alyse asked glaring at Roman. "When were you going to tell me about the very daughter that you keep locked away in a secret room?!?"

"How did you find out about her," Roman asked.

"I followed Anna and watched her interact with that baby girl, telling her that soon daddy will have a new mommy to take care of her, and give her a younger sibling," Alyse nearly screamed. After taking a few deep breaths, Alyse calmed down before speaking again. "Why do you keep that innocent baby locked away all by herself in that room? Does she even have a name?"

"She doesn't have a name. I didn't give her one, for the same reason I keep her locked away. I don't want to remember that she exists. It's not fair that my child, the one who killed Letha got to live. Not only that I was afraid that if you saw my daughter, you would run away, again. I don't want that," Roman explained. "I'm not ready to be a father."

"But you were always in such a rush to get me pregnant with your child! How is that baby any different from the attempts that you made with me," Alyse asked.

"Because with you, we would be going through the journey of becoming parents together. It would give me the chance to show you, that I would do anything for you and our baby. When it came to Letha, she didn't know who the father of her baby was. I didn't know until after Letha's death; and after her body had been claimed by Norman and Mary, that the doctor led me to a room, where my daughter was very much alive. But like myself when I was born, my daughter had an extra skin on her known as a caul. Apparently it's very rare, and those who are born with it are considered special," Roman explained. "That was another reason why I hid my daughter. I don't want Olivia finding out about her. If she did, Olivia would stop at nothing tog et her hands on my daughter. I can't go and allow that to happen to my daughter. But I also know that I can't go and care for a child on my own."

"You do know that eventually Olivia will catch word about that baby," Alyse said.

"Not if I can keep her hidden. If I keep the baby hidden from the rest of the world, then nobody will know about her. And she won't be put in any danger," Roman said.

"That poor baby can't grow up like that! She needs to be out among other people. If you keep her locked away, she will eventually grow up to hate you for keeping her from experiencing certain things in life. Is that what you truly want? At least allow me the chance to take her out of that room. She needs more human contact than Anna," Alyse pleaded hoping to get through to Roman.