Chapter 21

Alyse didn't dare make a move out of fear that she would anger Roman more than he already was. She also didn't dare look in his general direction. Roman had picked up on this fear and smirked to himself. that's right beautiful. Be very afraid because once I'm done with you, you won't be feeling anything towards Peter. Maybe I will be successful in getting you to forget all about that piece of shit Romani Gypsy, who you claim holds your heart. Soon everything will be as it's supposed to be. You will be all mine. We will have the perfect little family going for us, Roman thought while taking one of his hands off the steering wheel, placing it on Alyse's thigh causing her to jump in her seat. "Something wrong dear?"

"Nothing is wrong. I just didn't expect you putting your hand on my thigh is all," Alyse said trying to hide the fear she was feeling.

"Don't lied to me my love. You don't want to make matters worse," Roman warned.

"I don't like It when you're angry like this. You become very unpredictable. I don't know if I'm going to piss you off more. I don't want to fight with you right now Roman," Alyse said.

"Care to explain to me, why you left the house after I strictly told you not to," Roman asked.

"I didn't want to feel like a prisoner in that house. I knew If I were to have asked Anna about going out for a walk, that she would have sent me back to the room to rest. When I saw that random girl standing in the kitchen, I didn't believe it would cause any harm if I told her a little white lie. I also didn't think that Anna would call you freaking out the way she did," Alyse explained.

"Yeah, well she did. I told her not to let you out of bed for a reason. I don't want anything happening to you or the baby. But you pull this shit. Are you trying to lose the baby," Roman snapped.

"I didn't think there was any harm in going out for a walk. It does get boring looking at the same four walls day in and day out. I felt myself slowly going insane. You can't condemn me for wanting to get out and get a change of scenery," Alyse tried to reason as Roman pulled into the driveway.

"I've told you time and time again that I don't want you stressing yourself out! I feel that I don't want you with Peter, he does nothing but stress you out. We don't need that right now," Roman said.

"You're not doing this because you care about mine and the baby's healthy. You only want to keep me in the house so you can keep control over every little thing that I do. I won't have it. I will be the one who keeps control over myself," Alyse snapped before rushing out of the car. Alyse attempted to make a run for it down the driveway. Alyse was about to run off the Godfrey property, only to feel Roman wrap his arms around her waist pulling her back against himself.

"I don't think so my love. You aren't going anywhere until it's time to give birth to our little bundle of joy," Roman said before lifting Alyse up off the ground, carrying her in the house all while she struggled to free herself from his arms.

"NO! Let me go now! I don't want to be locked in the house! Help! Please somebody help me," Alyse screamed hoping someone would come to help her. Roman dragged Alyse in the house where Alyse had spotted Miranda standing there, staring at her. "Please do something to stop him. He wants to strip me of what little freedom I have left."

Miranda took a step closer only to stop after receiving a death stare from Roman, causing her to stop dead in her tracks. "If you so much as make an attempt to save her from me, I'll rip your goddamn throat out without a second thought and store your blood away for deeding purposes."

"Sorry chicky. I don't want to try my luck with the boss man of the house," Miranda said.

Before Alyse was completely up the stairs, what she had screamed out chilled Miranda's blood. "GOD HELP YOU WHEN I GET OUT!" Miranda heard the screams go muffled as the bedroom door was shut. Did I do the right thing by not helping that young woman out, Miranda thought to herself.