Chapter 5

Roman pulled up outside of the house feeling a sense of pride as Alyse stepped out of the car, admiring the house in awe. Roman walked over to Alyse wrapping an arm around her waist. I'm glad you like our new home. I made sure that you that it would be something that you would take plenty of pride in seeing. Do you find it to be suitable to live in?"

"I honestly wouldn't know. I'm only just seeing the outside of the house for the first time. I have yet to see what the inside of the house looks like," Alyse replied pulling her gaze away from the house, only to look at Roman who guided Alyse towards the steps leading to the front door of the house. Roman unlocked the front door, before giving Alyse a gentle nudge inside before following Alyse in, watching as she slowly made her way to the middle of the living room.

"Welcome home beautiful. What do you think," Roman asked.

"You had the entire house built with thoughts of what I would want inside," Alyse asked shocked.

"Yes. I may have been a bit inspired by the lay out of your parents home. But I wanted to put a little twist on it, to make it more our own. I hope you don't find it as cold and unsuitable as the place I had once lived in. I don't want our home to be cold and unsuitable for our little ones to be running around in," Roman explained.

"Roman, you can't be seriously talking about wanting to have a baby right now. We just reunited with each other. We're not even married for god sake, and you're already talking about wanting to have another shot at having a baby," Alyse asked in shock.

"Don't sound too shocked by that. You knew before you went running off that I had wanted a little one of our own. And yes at one point you were pregnant with my child. Why does it suddenly shock you that I want to try again with you," Roman asked.

Alyse glared at Roman. "The only reason I was pregnant in the first place was, because you somehow managed to get in my head; convincing me that I wanted to sleep with you. Besides, I'm still not over the pain of losing that child. The thought that I lost the baby still haunts me."

"You know for someone who holds a lot of anger, and keeps saying that I somehow managed to get inside of your head, convincing you to go ahead and sleep with me; you seem to be quite attached to the thought of what would have happened had you not lost our child at the time that you did. At leas that is what I'm getting from the way you are speaking right now," Roman said while taking a step closer to Alyse.

"I may have not wanted sex with you had I been in the right frame of mind, but that doesn't mean that I didn't love the little human that was beginning to grow inside of me. Nothing will ever change that I had a baby growing inside of me. And it hurts me constantly to be reminded that I was robbed of the chance to watch that little human being grow. That doesn't change the fact that I was robbed of watching my child experience many firsts in their life," Alyse snapped at Roman.

"Then don't think like that. Think of it as nature saying that we both weren't ready to bring a baby into the world. I mean, we were up against a vargulf, who was targeting girls from our school," Roman said before letting out a sigh. "You were one of the targets that the vargulf was out to kill."

"What do you mean I was a target? How the hell did you go and figure that out? Even better question, were Letha and her unborn child in danger as well," Alyse asked.

"Yes. All three of you were in danger. I had found out from the vargulf itself. The vargulf was Christina Wendell. She even stated why she wanted to kill you and Letha," Roman said.

"Please do enlighten me as to why Christina Wendell wanted me dead, along with Letha and her unborn child; when we never did a damn thing to her," Alyse asked while shaking her head.