Two

Somehow, when we left the apartment, I wasn't aware of how freezing it was outside. I mean its mid-November, so I'm not totally surprised right now that I'm freezing my tits off. After what happened back in there, I seem to have completely sobered up and we're now stood, outside this sketchy building in the middle of nowhere waiting for the uber. It says it is only 3 minutes away, so I just bounce from foot to foot with my hands rubbing my arms.

"Are you feeling better? I'm really sorry about in there. I didn't know-" Audrey begins, I stop moving and grab her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I won't lie, I'm not so good right now but I do not blame you. Of course, you didn't know that mad man was going to pull out a gun." I pull back looking up at her as I see her eyes glass over.

"I didn't even know it was a club for the gangs. God, I'm such a bad friend." She throws her head in her hands, but I pull them away instantly.

"No, you're not. Do not say that, Aud. How could you have known?"

"I don't know, Tim never said. He just said it was an exclusive club with really cool rap battles. I thought you'd be all over it." Sighing, she runs her hand through her hair and looks over my shoulder. I follow her eyes and see two bright lights coming towards us. The uber pulls up beside us, as Audrey bends forwards to confirm it is for us before we both climb in the back.

"I did enjoy it. It was actually amazing. I haven't felt like that in forever. Just-"

"Yeah, I get it. I'm going to ring Tim's neck in. I can't believe he didn't tell me."

"He doesn't know what happened to me. He probably didn't think it was important."

"It certainly is important. He invited me somewhere that has-" she mouths the words 'guns' to me, not wanting the uber driver to hear us. "-He should've told me what that place was."

"Well, just don't ruin this for yourself. He seems like a nice dude." I grab her hand, squeezing it as I feel how tense she is.

"I mean, if he's a part of this fucking-" she mouths 'gang.' "- then I will dumping his ass. I will not associate myself with those criminals after what happened to you." I mean, I don't blame her. I don't think I could hang around with Tim if he was in a gang. Or maybe I could? I don't know he seemed so nice. But I feel bad that that is the reason she'd end things.

"Before you say anything, I will forever put you and your safety first." As if she can read my thoughts, I turn and smile softly.

The rest of the ride home, that didn't take as long considering it's somehow 1 am. By the time we had gone out, it was 11 pm already, so we'd spent the past two hours down there. Although it felt like 5 minutes. It seems far too easy to lose track of time at Verbatim. And I bet that is what they count on.

We decide to order a McDonalds Deliveroo to arrive for when we get home, so when our uber pulls up we hang outside the building until we see the delivery man. Thanking him, we take our bags and head towards the elevators.

Waiting for them to arrive, I rest my head on Audrey's shoulder.

"Thank you for tonight, Aud."

"I'm really bummed it ended like that though." She huffs.

"Me too. But I think I might be more open to exploring some other places. Maybe places with more security." I laugh gently, I feel Audrey shake a little with laughter.

"Yeah definitely. I will never ever take you to Verbatim ever again."

"Agreed." The doors open and we enter, clicking for the seventh floor and wait in comfortable silence.