Thirty-Six

"Merry Christmas!" All the guys barge into mums house like a herd of animals, I had opened the door to them but I was soon swept out the way when they all came in. Harry didn't even have time to give me a kiss, he too was thrown forwards.

"It's fucking freezing out there." One of them retorted I couldn't tell who, I think it was Liam.

It was freezing. I could feel the icy winds from here, even I shivered. Now I don't blame them for rushing into the house.

Last night, Harry had driven me to mums so I could spend Christmas Eve night with her. We watched Home Alone and had some baileys before heading to bed. Harry didn't stay over, he said he had some work to finish up but he'd be around today with the boys. He probably also wanted to make sure the boys, aka Liam and Louis, actually showed up.

All morning, mum had been having a minor fret about them all coming around. It has been a while since she's hosted for so many guests, I can't even remember the last time it must've been when I was a teenager or a child. But she had all the nibbles laid out of the table, an array of crisps, crackers, cheese, chocolates and mince pies.

The turkey had been put in the oven this morning too, and she'd been cooped in there most of the time. We decided we'd do presents when everyone was here so it felt more of a family event, even though this is her first time meeting the boys she already wanted to welcome them in with open arms. Which makes me feel bad, because I think if she knew who they were, what they were, she probably wouldn't be so... welcoming.

Nevertheless, I had given myself some time this morning to get all glammed up for today. Usually, with it being just mum and I, we would spend the whole day in our matching Christmas pyjamas that we get on Christmas eve. However, with the sum of guests, I figured why not put some effort into my appearance. So, I had bought myself a blood-red silk wrap dress with long sleeves that were flared. It cut down into a low V shape on the chest and ended mid-thigh. Due to the cold weather, even though we had the heating on full blast, I paired it with some opaque black tights.

I already knew that I would be getting changed later, at least after the food when I've got a bloated belly and need something for comfort that is why my joggers and hoodie are sat waiting for me on my bed.

"It really is cold out there, I'm sure it's going to snow." Now they had all spaced out, heading from the hallway into the living room, I could tell it was Zayn that had spoken this time. They all took up space on the L-Shaped couch, luckily mum had found two beanbags in the attic so had brought those down too.

Only now, could I finally see Harry who always had his eyes on me. He stalked his way over, eyes trailing my body and then landing on my lips. I kept my make-up pretty simple today, nothing too extra, but I had that plumping lipgloss on again so I knew my lips probably looked extra... kissable right now. And the way Harry's tongue lapped at his bottom lip, I'd think he'd agree.

"Merry Christmas Harry." I squeaked, suddenly nervous and my hands wringing together.

"Merry Christmas my little pocket rocket." He smirked, sensing how shy I had gone and took my hands in his. He moved so we were chest to chest, and then he leaned forwards, his eyes remaining on mine except for the one moment they broke away to look at my lips again.

Just as his lips were about to touch mine, my eyes had fluttered closed anticipating the contact, mum's voice filled the living room,

"You're all here, welcome, Merry Christmas." She sounded happy, nervous but happy. I couldn't see her, but I knew she'd probably have her hands clasped in an almost clap and would be smiling brightly at the four men taking up her living room.